Another ClanDestine series?

Got questions? He's got answers!
Crusader K

Another ClanDestine series?

Post by Crusader K »

Hi Alan,

I don't know if you've been asked this before or ad nauseum but, is there any buzz on a new ClanDestine series? Either mini or ongoing? I've not heard anything about how the first one did as far as actual numbers but I was curious.

Don't think I can get enough of the Clan!
"Now I believe there comes a time, when everything just falls in line.
We live and learn by our mistakes; the deepest cuts are healed by fate"
Alan Davis
Creator

Re: Another ClanDestine series?

Post by Alan Davis »

The series didn’t sell well enough to justify a regular, or semi-regular, ClanDestine title. However, I’m currently working on three annuals for next year, FF, DD and Wolverine-- and though I can’t go into detail-- ClanDestine fans will not be disappointed (I hope). I should also mention that the Thor: Truth of history book has a connection to the ClanDestine legend.
Crusader K

Post by Crusader K »

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the quick reply!

Thats a rotten shame. Honestly, ClanDestine HAS to be, everyone else can call me on it all they want, the most original idea to come out of the "House of Ideas" in a loooong time. I look forward to ANYTHING you can do with the Clan and will keep an eye out for those annuals as they show up.

Keep up the great work!
"Now I believe there comes a time, when everything just falls in line.
We live and learn by our mistakes; the deepest cuts are healed by fate"
Paulo Pereira

Post by Paulo Pereira »

Alan Davis wrote:The series didn’t sell well enough to justify a regular, or semi-regular, ClanDestine title. However, I’m currently working on three annuals for next year, FF, DD and Wolverine-- and though I can’t go into detail-- ClanDestine fans will not be disappointed (I hope). I should also mention that the Thor: Truth of history book has a connection to the ClanDestine legend.
DD, huh? That should be interesting; I don't think I've ever seen your version of this character outside of a panel or two (an alternate reality version in Excalibur, if memory serves). Look forward to the other stuff as well (even poor over-exposed Wolverine).
j1jes

Post by j1jes »

Alan Davis wrote:The series didn’t sell well enough to justify a regular, or semi-regular, ClanDestine title. However, I’m currently working on three annuals for next year, FF, DD and Wolverine-- and though I can’t go into detail-- ClanDestine fans will not be disappointed (I hope). I should also mention that the Thor: Truth of history book has a connection to the ClanDestine legend.

I think it's great if you can do an annual or arc in other books when appropriate that involves the Clan Destine. You have a great ability to make things work well or resolve. Plus CD was the best series Marvel has had in 10 years, a waste of potential not to keep it as a regular series.

I personally would love to see Clan Destine FF as I think your art and writers style are the best I've seen (top 3) I would live to see CD interactions past, present, OR future with other interesting characters like Dr. Strange, Hellfire Club, Captian Britian, Thor, Captian America in WWII, ..I could go on and on.
Paul Renaud

Post by Paul Renaud »

Sounds very exciting.
Can't wait to see your Daredevil!
atomicdonkey

Post by atomicdonkey »

Paul Renaud wrote: Can't wait to see your Daredevil!
That's true, I haven't seen much of that other than some background appearances and the early stuff in the back of the Modern Masters book. I'm sure David Mack would also be very interested in having a whole book of Alan Davis Daredevil to work with.
Keoni

Post by Keoni »

Any clue to when the annuals will be released? And I'm guessing the annuals are not planned for a summer release.
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

Over the last eighteen months Marvel asked me to work on other projects and covers which significantly slowed progress but I have completed the Fantastic Four and Daredevil Annuals—and hope to continue the Wolverine Annual during any downtime on the six part series I’ll start to pencil in January.