Invincible

Got a book, trade, CD, game or movie that you can't get enough of? Post your recommendations!
Row

Invincible

Post by Row »

Got the first 3 tpb of this a few days ago, really good, fun book.
Reminds me why I started reading comics all those years ago.

All the best.

Row.
When lady luck enters, get her a seat
Matt Platis
Site Admin

Re: Invincible

Post by Matt Platis »

Row wrote:Got the first 3 tpb of this a few days ago, really good, fun book.
Reminds me why I started reading comics all those years ago.

All the best.

Row.
I ordered the 25 cent comic awhile ago to tryout the series. Do you know if that has come out?

I wouldn't mind trying it, Kirkman's Walking Dead series is one of my favorites.
~Matt
Row

Post by Row »

Not to sure whether 25 cent comic is out or not yet.

I picked the trades up because trying to get the single issue over here in the uk is really difficult, I only ever managed to get the first 6 issues before my local store in Birmingham stopped stocking it, so the trades worked out better for me, but the series is well worth it.

I've not read Kirkman's 'Walking Dead', heard good things about it, one of those things I keep meaning to pick up, but never get around to, must make more of an effort.

All the best.

Row.
Matt Platis
Site Admin

Post by Matt Platis »

Row wrote:Not to sure whether 25 cent comic is out or not yet.

I picked the trades up because trying to get the single issue over here in the uk is really difficult, I only ever managed to get the first 6 issues before my local store in Birmingham stopped stocking it, so the trades worked out better for me, but the series is well worth it.

I've not read Kirkman's 'Walking Dead', heard good things about it, one of those things I keep meaning to pick up, but never get around to, must make more of an effort.

All the best.

Row.
Even if you don't care for the zombie genre, you NEED (everyone!) to check out the Walking Dead. Great dialogue and very well thought out, all of the characters are very real. Highly recommended!
~Matt
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

I have been considering buying the new hardcover of issues 1 to 12 of Invincible for a while now. It's not much more expensive than the first two 6 issue TPBs on Amazon and probably cheaper than buying it in a book or comic shop. :o

I've heard good things about the series but only seen bits of the artwork. Although it looks good, it does seem a little... sketchy and empty at times. Is the art on the book as a whole - i.e. after 12 issues worth - enjoyable?
Row

Post by Row »

Hey Nimbus,

The artwork that Ryan has been producing really does suit the comic, I know that Robert Kirkman wanted the same kind of style to be used by Ryan that Cory used, who had left due to deadline issues, it's kind of an understated style that compliments the story and doesn't sidetrack the reader, but having said that and seeing some of the pages that Ryan or 'Wya' has posted on digitalwebbing, he's slowly bringing more of his own style to the art.

So, to answer your question, past issue 12 it's still highly enjoyable.

All the best.

Row.