HellBlazer Baby!

Got a book, trade, CD, game or movie that you can't get enough of? Post your recommendations!
jasonb

HellBlazer Baby!

Post by jasonb »

I'm Back!!

Sorry I am going to plug another book that doesn't have anything to do with Mr. Davis. (I swear I am gonna be lynched.)
I am fortunate enough to be a member of my towns local Library and thank the lord, they have a great assortment of Graphic Novels.
So recently I picked up a 'Hellblazer' trade paper back.

It was strange ,I was hooked. With Garth Ennis' hysterical and disturbing characters. Steve Dillons art is great. It's gritty and to begin with seemed simplistick but he is actually a master-crafts-man, that he renders the characters so realistickly, you feel like you want to slapp Constantine one minute and then have a beer with him the next.
For a guy of my age this is the kind of comic that lets you know that comics can be dark, disturbing but also entertaining and thought provoking. Seriously anyone that isn't disturbed easily will love Hellblazer.
:twisted: Jas
Matt Platis
Site Admin

Post by Matt Platis »

I have not read any Hellblazer at all but have always wanted to try it out. I heard good things about Warren Ellis's run as well.

*sigh* I wish my library picked up those trades. :cry:
~Matt
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

Ahhh Matt, that is a shame. Too be honest my local library is not very big. It's a single floor, with only one room. However, they keep a good selection of Graphic novels on a turning book case.

Seriously, 'Hellblazer' is worth the read. If you can track some down, it is very good. It's Incredibly disturbing at times. I think I managed to upset my 23 year old Brother when talking to him about one of the issues. I think he had a bit of a miss-conception about what the comic was like, due--like myself-- to seeing the Constantine film first.

I didn't realise Warren Ellis had written some issues as well. I will have to track those down. I am a fan of his work also.
I loved his and Hitch's Authority run. I'm also really liking the direction he has taken with the Thunderbolts at the moment.