comics news

Discuss anything about comics here.
vinblood

comics news

Post by vinblood »

8) What's going on ?
Sure. Everithing is not very funny these days.. :cry:
But for "une bande dessinée" we got - in english - "a comic book". COMIC ! :D FUNNY ! HAPPY :lol:
So this blank area wil not stay empty too long. We could discuss about "Comic news". What if...I dare too enlarge the topic to all the medium ? Without national or cultural frontiers ?
From Spain, from Great Britain, Commonwealth, Korea , Japan, Belgium, Italy, East Europe, Swiss or... France, what if we share our love for some of the recent jewels some artists of every corner (of this tiny world :wink: ) create ??? 8)
Am I wrong ? :?
PEACE THAT'S WHAT WE WANT !
NO ?
So : don't complain...
vinblood

comics news

Post by vinblood »

:shock:

After a month waiting for some debate...and 27 views ...i've got my answer : :oops: I'm wrong !
:?
vinblood

comics news

Post by vinblood »

:D ...Half a month ! This waiting drove me :x

Anyway : life is wonderful...and some comics are fun and intelligent. :wink:
DungeonmasterJim

Post by DungeonmasterJim »

Well, I gotta admit, I much prefer talking about the creation of comics more so than actually reading them. I love to hear how creators approach a character or what may or may not work in a story.

I also really enjoy hearing about what plans creators had for characters that never had a chance to happen. It seems at some point that Claremont was to have had Cyclops sort of stayed 'retired' from the X-Men but that didn't get a chance to really happen - not for long anyways.

I will say that I'm not the biggest fan of every new writer on an X-Men book installing an X-Men of their creation to the team. While I would never say they couldn't or shouldn't have that ability, I get sick of seeing these newer X-Men fall by the wayside when the original creator leaves the book after his two year or less tender of the title is over.

DM Jim
Lazelle

Asterix The Great

Post by Lazelle »

If we're breaking the cultural boundaries then Asterix gets my vote. What Uderzo and Goscinny created has gone far beyond the simple comic strip it started life as and is now a part of culture - more than any Marvel / DC hero will ever be. The latest volume has already sold millions and is Uderzo's tribute to Walt Disney and Manga. If you haven't read Asterix then give it a try - in French is best because all the jokes work and the translations can be poor because they feel the need to insert puns as humour.