X-Men Dark reign: The List

Wanna discuss other Alan Davis works? Killraven? JLA:The Nail? Avengers? Batman? Gen13? FF? D.R & Quinch? This is the forum for you!
DungeonmasterJim

X-Men Dark reign: The List

Post by DungeonmasterJim »

I just picked this up today and was quite happy with it. Pretty hard NOT to be pleased with new Alan Davis art. I was surprised to see Mr. Davis's art on the inside. I was expecting just a cover from him. The story left me a little bit wondering in certain elements that I can't go into without major spoilers. But there were numerous things that I really enjoyed. Norman's desk from page 2 reminded me a lot of Jack Kirby stylization. Not sure if there was influence there or not. I also like Assitant Hand's outfit. There's 3 panels indicating death and carnage at the top of page 6. There's no dialogue and Mr. Davis's art is great at showing both tragedy while moving the story forward. By the hand of a lesser storyteller it would not share the same impact. And finally, I was very happy to see Mr. Davis draw Marvel's X-Men again. My over-all favorite characters drawn by my favorite art team of Davis & Farmer - a win-win situation.

DM Jim
A.D.fan

Re: X-Men Dark reign: The List

Post by A.D.fan »

I missed the first printing of this and just got around to reading the 2nd printing. Beautiful art. I thought the same thing about Osborn's desk. Very cool. Actually the whole book was kind of classic. From the story to the panel layouts. I was surprised to see a more basic panel layout as oppose to the diamond/triangle shapes Alan has used in recent years on action scenes. It was kind of refreshing. The art was great, but for some reason I think his stuff is even better when he's writing for himself. Where's Clandestine?!!!