Captain Britain.

Wanna discuss other Alan Davis works? Killraven? JLA:The Nail? Avengers? Batman? Gen13? FF? D.R & Quinch? This is the forum for you!
Diablo

Captain Britain.

Post by Diablo »

Among all things Alan has drawn, The Captain Britain series is one of the best.
OK, the art wasn't perfect -it was Alan's first work I think...- but the story was really complex and interesting (thanks to a certain Mr Alan Moore...).
Throughout the pages, we saw Alan's art evolve and HIS Captain Britain arise.

And you have to read this series if you want to understand all the little details of this pure marvel that is Excalibur.
Plus, that's in this series that the Marvel MULTIVERSE was created, with all the numbers for the alternate earths. -ours beeing earth 616.
Something huge, I tell you !!
Matt Platis
Site Admin

Post by Matt Platis »

I love Captain Britain. I usually will start reading X-Men Archives and then move to the out-of-print Captain Britain trade, then X-Men Annual #11 and New Mutants Annual #2 and then into Excalibur. One of my favorite comic runs ever.

Yes. I am a geek. :D
~Matt
Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Matt Platis wrote:I love Captain Britain. I usually will start reading X-Men Archives and then move to the out-of-print Captain Britain trade, then X-Men Annual #11 and New Mutants Annual #2 and then into Excalibur. One of my favorite comic runs ever.

Yes. I am a geek. :D
I did it once or twice, too, LOL. A great read, yep ! :)
Rock is alive :
www.atlantys.biz

All about Nightcrawler in one place :
www.bamfcentral.com

THE CLAN DESTINE IS BACK !!
YIIIIIII-HAAAAAAA !
Nimbus

Post by Nimbus »

Matt Platis wrote:I love Captain Britain. I usually will start reading X-Men Archives and then move to the out-of-print Captain Britain trade, then X-Men Annual #11 and New Mutants Annual #2 and then into Excalibur. One of my favorite comic runs ever.
Same here. Although I don't read the X-Men Archives but the second Captain Britain trade (which actually reprints the issues prior to the first trade :? ).

I'm lucky to have a copy of the first CB trade signed by Alan and Mark (Farmer). I also have a limited edition frontspiece by them both as well.

Being from Britain, CB is of course one of my favourite superheroes. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him in the New Excalibur series (which, I assume, Alan has nothing to do with?).
Gordon Somers

Post by Gordon Somers »

I must be really sad as I like nothing better than digging out the old Marvel Superheroes, moving on to The Daredevils, shooting through the Mighty World of Marvel and finishing up on the Monthly CB series. Boy just seeing the progression as an artist and storyteller is inspiring to me to say the least. I might just have a chance LOL

Gordon