Clan Destine

Was Alan Davis's ClanDestine your favorite?
Diablo

Clan Destine

Post by Diablo »

Clan Destine is one of the best mini-series ever !

I just miss Wallop, Argent, Hex, Kymaera, Newton, IMp, the Crimson Crusader, and, of course, the invincible Adam.

I know Alan is not planning to draw another series about these characters right now, but I just can't give up hope !
I would have liked to meet the mother of the Caln, this excellent djinn character.

If Fantastic Four is Marvel's first family, the Clan Destine is my favourite one. Much, much more complex and interesting. :)
DungeonmasterJim

Post by DungeonmasterJim »

Hate to flood the board with posts but it's my first night here as a member!

ClanDestine started off so cool. But once Alan left, the series pretty much became unreadable and a travesty to the characters.

I think I'd have to say I liked Newton the best even though he didn't appear to often.

DM Jim
Matt Platis
Site Admin

Post by Matt Platis »

DungeonmasterJim wrote:Hate to flood the board with posts but it's my first night here as a member!

ClanDestine started off so cool. But once Alan left, the series pretty much became unreadable and a travesty to the characters.

I think I'd have to say I liked Newton the best even though he didn't appear to often.

DM Jim
Flood all you want! :D

I got the non-Alan issues in a quarter bin recently and the series sure turned out awful.

Argent is my favorite Destine member. In fact, in my Union Jack Epic pitch, she played a small part.
~Matt
Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Difficult to choose a favorite Destine...
I just like them all...
I guess I'd go with Adam, though, because he's the father, and because noone could ever survive him.
Superman can be killed.
Hulk can be killed.
But not Adam. I love that he can't be touched, physically... But his heart can be broken.

As for the issues Alan hasn't written, I'll just say this : Clan Destine without Alan Davis isn't Clan Destine.
Rock is alive :
www.atlantys.biz

All about Nightcrawler in one place :
www.bamfcentral.com

THE CLAN DESTINE IS BACK !!
YIIIIIII-HAAAAAAA !
Entropy

Post by Entropy »

I love how cool and unique each of the Destine family where. I think my fav. would have to be Dominique (Dom) and Argent. I also love how amoral Cuckoo was and how uptight Walter was.
RIP Kurt Vonnegut and Lloyd Alexander.

Insanity is all in the mind.
Gordon Somers

Post by Gordon Somers »

I believe ClanDestine to be one of the best things Alan has ever produced - issue 5 in particular I thought was a stand-out issue. I still look at that as one of the biggest influences on my own drawings.

Curious as to others vews on their favorite issue.

Also curious as to Alan's creative thinking in comig up with the whole idea.
Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Oh yes, issue#5 is a winner !
It was Adam's origin, if I remember correctly. :D
An excellent story.
Rock is alive :
www.atlantys.biz

All about Nightcrawler in one place :
www.bamfcentral.com

THE CLAN DESTINE IS BACK !!
YIIIIIII-HAAAAAAA !
AtekMan

Post by AtekMan »

I really enjoyed Clandestine too. I really must find the time to read them again!
JackalsIII

Post by JackalsIII »

I just ordered the second issue of this mini series.
Matt Platis
Site Admin

Post by Matt Platis »

JackalsIII wrote:I just ordered the second issue of this mini series.
You won't regret it man! Fantastic series! If you plan on getting the rest of the series, stop at #8. Sadly Alan does not do the rest and the rest is not up to standard!

Welcome Jacks!
~Matt
idkidd

Post by idkidd »

Also curious as to Alan's creative thinking in comig up with the whole idea.
Well there was a preview book that prededed issue #1 -- it had some beautiful character sketches as well as character idea notes etc. I really enjoyed it when it came. Worth seeking out if you are into the series and haven't gotten it yet.
JackalsIII

Post by JackalsIII »

Matt Platis wrote:
JackalsIII wrote:I just ordered the second issue of this mini series.
You won't regret it man! Fantastic series! If you plan on getting the rest of the series, stop at #8. Sadly Alan does not do the rest and the rest is not up to standard!

Welcome Jacks!
I thought there was only two issues but I must say I didn't go pass issue two, which was the only issue in the mini that has Kitty in it. At least, according to Comics.org

Thanks Matt for the welcome!
DavidMiller

Alan Davis' ClanDestine

Post by DavidMiller »

Hello, late to the party as usual. This is my first post and everyone else has seemed to state what I feel.

While I like everything Alan has done, I am regretful that he still isn't doing ClanDestine. It has that "Highlander" fell that I like.

I also can't help wondering what a Teen Titans elseworlds book by him would look like. I'd prefer him doing a relaunch of Doom Patrol as oppossed to, ah, someone else:?

I'm a little unfocused right now, but I just want to say that I'm a big fan of Mr. Davis and I can't wait for his next projects.
Dave
"I regret not the things I've done, only those things I have yet to do."

"Those things we do for ourselves die with us. Those things we do for others live on."
j1jes

Re: Alan Davis' ClanDestine

Post by j1jes »

DavidMiller wrote:Hello, late to the party as usual. This is my first post and everyone else has seemed to state what I feel.

While I like everything Alan has done, I am regretful that he still isn't doing ClanDestine. It has that "Highlander" fell that I like.

I also can't help wondering what a Teen Titans elseworlds book by him would look like. I'd prefer him doing a relaunch of Doom Patrol as oppossed to, ah, someone else:?

I'm a little unfocused right now, but I just want to say that I'm a big fan of Mr. Davis and I can't wait for his next projects.
Dave
I agree, Alan is one of the artist/writers along with Waid, Claremont and MOrrison, that I will follow to a project/book even if it's not my cup of tea, just to see the creator's work.

I loved Clan Destine. It was the best book every month for me when Davis was doing the work. I noticed Claremont using Kay Cere's character once in FF as a nice touch, homage/recognition to the work
DavidMiller

Clandestine

Post by DavidMiller »

Yes, I noticed the Kay Cera nod. But it was frustrating because it was just after Alan left the book. I so wanted to see Davis draw Kay again.
Dave
"I regret not the things I've done, only those things I have yet to do."

"Those things we do for ourselves die with us. Those things we do for others live on."