Clandestine-the new series

Was Alan Davis's ClanDestine your favorite?
A.D.fan

Clandestine-the new series

Post by A.D.fan »

Wow! Issue #2 was even better than #1! I'm already dissappointed that it is only 5 issues but if this is the progression each issue makes, what will I do when it's over?!!! I'm gonna need more!!!
A.D.fan

Post by A.D.fan »

Issue 3. Awesome cover! Awesome story! Awesome art! Awesome nostalgia! With every issue I become more dissapointed that there are only five! There is really no reason Marvel couldn't have made this an ongoing series so long as Alan wanted to keep doing it. There is no reason they couldn't have promoted Clandestine better. Put out an affordable trade paperback BEFORE the series return. Or even reissue the series in a "classic" format and call issue #1 issue #9. That would have been cool. I would have bought them again! Okay, I'm done complaining. It's a great book and I'm not looking forward to it being gone again.
Paulo Pereira

Post by Paulo Pereira »

I was thinking the same thing. This should be an ongoing series. But hopefully there remains the possibility of more limited series and one-shots.

I was amazed at the number of threads touched on in this issue. It's nice to see comic books that have things happening in them at a good pace.

On a slightly down and unrelated note (that has nothing to do with the issue itself), I was somewhat dismayed to see Iron Man's face peeking out of the corner box with a movie release date under it. Last issue's corner box was an ad for Marvel's next big event "Secret Invasion." They bring back the corner box to help sell stuff that has nothing do with the comic? Nice. In my case, all these do is ensure I won't be watching the IM movie or buying any "Secret Invasion" comics.
Last edited by Paulo Pereira on Thu May 22, 2008 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HardBoiledHenry

ClanD #3 sold OUT in NYC!!!

Post by HardBoiledHenry »

I went to Uptown Comics in Midtown NYC. I looked around anxiously. No issue #3. What?!?! I asked the store clerk if issue 3 hadn't come in yet. They said it SOLD OUT. Because it was sitting near the X-Men section and the front cover featured Excalibur, it sold quickly! I was amazed and happy it's doing well. Congrats, Mr. Davis!! I don't know how the sales are in other cities, but if it's selling out here, the title must be doing very well. I'm all for the success of this title. This could only mean an ongoing regular series, right? Here's hoping for Davis and Farmer to stay on ClandD!!!

I agree..why couldn't they re-release the 1st series on a bi-weekly and continue off with #1 of this mini-series as #9 or whatever was the last issue (with Davis as writer and artist) from the 1st series.
A.D.fan

Post by A.D.fan »

Issue 4 was great! Feeling kind of sad though. Five issues just ain't enough! :(
Kroco

Post by Kroco »

Yes....It's killing me...Just one more and it's over :|...

The best serie from the marvel univers...