ClanDestine #1 - a first look!

Was Alan Davis's ClanDestine your favorite?
Ilke

ClanDestine #1 - a first look!

Post by Ilke »

A page of pencils from ClanDestine #1 is up on Marvel Executive Editor Tom Brevoort's blog at www.marvel.com/blogs/Tom_Brevoort/entry/648
Matt Platis
Site Admin

Post by Matt Platis »

Awesome! So very excited for this.
~Matt
Darren Taylor

Post by Darren Taylor »

Hoo-boy...as if I wasn't -already- excited about Alan being back on the Clan!

I feel thoroughly teased now!
Ilke

Post by Ilke »

Marvel Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada answers a fan's queries about ClanDestine on 'New Joe Fridays' at www.newsarama.com/NewJoeFridays/NewJoeFridays34.html

Here's the relevant bit -

Q: “:packy4778” - I'm biting my nails in anticipation for the return of Alan Davis and the ClanDestine!! (FF: The End is great too!) Any details you can drop about the relaunch? (Is it a mini? Ongoing? And will you re-release the original Alan issues in a gorgeous hardcover? PLEASE???)

JQ: ClanDestine is being planned as a series of limited series, in order to give Alan the lead time he needs to be able to write and pencil each issue. We’ll be making an announcement as to when the first issue will be released once we get closer. And yes, the plan is to collect the original issues at the same time.
Michael P

Post by Michael P »

Hey, Mr Davis.

Would you like to see Clandestine take a more active role in the marvel universe? Perhaps cameo in New Excalibur, since they're in the UK as well?
Rayeye

Post by Rayeye »

This preview page looks amazing, I'm really looking forward this new Clan Destine series!
Diablo

Post by Diablo »

Amazing !
Thanks a lot for this great preview. :D :D
Rock is alive :
www.atlantys.biz

All about Nightcrawler in one place :
www.bamfcentral.com

THE CLAN DESTINE IS BACK !!
YIIIIIII-HAAAAAAA !
Ilke

Post by Ilke »

Another page of pencils from ClanDestine #1!

Check it out near the bottom of the page at www.newsarama.com/NewJoeFridays/NewJoeFridays42.html
ZenoArmani

Post by ZenoArmani »

The art looks great, and the story fun, as always. This seems like another dream sequence.
Vyrt

Post by Vyrt »

Looks like Rory and Pandora haven't changed. I suppose Rory is still referring to her as his sidekick. Ahhh. The Crimson Crusader and Imp live again.
Great pencils as usual. So much action and that's only the first two pages. Hoo boy this is so going to have been worth the wait.
Paulo Pereira

Post by Paulo Pereira »

I wonder if those two pages are a fantasy sequence. I also wonder when #1 will be released. :D
Vyrt

Post by Vyrt »

Paulo Pereira wrote:I wonder if those two pages are a fantasy sequence. I also wonder when #1 will be released. :D
I think the number of villains could be a clue. My guess is that Rory is dreaming (or Walter is having a nightmare. He does worry about the young 'uns).
I know what you mean about the publication date. The year is wearing on and no sign of it yet.
I'll contact my local comic shop and ask if it has been listed for them to order.
Watch this space. :D
Ilke

Post by Ilke »

From the Comics Continuum report on Marvel's Cup O' Joe panel, held Saturday at Wizard World Chicago:

"(Jim) McCann said because Alan Davis' ClanDestine doesn't hook heavily into continuity, Marvel will wait for a bulk of the work to be turned in before soliciting it."

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/ ... epanel.htm
Ilke

Post by Ilke »

From Newsarama's report on the same Cup O' Joe panel:

"What's going on with Clan Destine? It's absolutely still happening, and "Alan Davis is excited about it. It's kind of timeless at this point.""

http://www.newsarama.com/Chicago_07/Mar ... O_Joe.html
Vyrt

Post by Vyrt »

I contacted my local comic shop today and the new series hasn't been listed for ordering yet. Needless to say I put my order in anyway. lol