Clan Destine continuity

Was Alan Davis's ClanDestine your favorite?
Rayeye

Clan Destine continuity

Post by Rayeye »

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I'm a big fan of Alan Davis's Clan Destine from the moment I saw the cover of the first issue of Clan Destine. I always loved Mr Davis's work at Excalibur, so I immediately picked up this cool series. Nowadays I haven't collected all issues yet, but I hope I will make it complete once.
But I have a question about the Clan Destine continuity: Is it true that the events in the lastest Clan Destine issues (#9-12) were later retconned/confirmed to be just a dream of Rory? If so, why were these events retconned? And does this mean then Vincent Destine is still dead and Myror never existed at all?
Moonboy

Re: Clan Destine continuity

Post by Moonboy »

Rayeye wrote:Is it true that the events in the lastest Clan Destine issues (#9-12) were later retconned/confirmed to be just a dream of Rory? If so, why were these events retconned? And does this mean then Vincent Destine is still dead and Myror never existed at all?
Hello Rayeye, maybe you should try to get X-Men-Clandestine 1 & 2. This is true about Rory's Dream. Issues 9-12 never happened! (and thanks for that.. :D )
Rayeye

Post by Rayeye »

True, the issues written and drawn by Alan Davis were much better!
Moonboy

Post by Moonboy »

Rayeye wrote:True, the issues written and drawn by Alan Davis were much better!
That's the least you can say! :shock: I don't even want to discuss more about 9-12! :( :wink:
I bought 9 at the time and was disgusted to see how Marvel could let a single issue destroy the best thing happened to marvel since.. hmm... Giant Size X-Men 1! Thanksfully Alan corrected that in one or two panels.
Gordon Somers

Post by Gordon Somers »

I remember upon seeing the Rory's dream thinking of the obvious tip f the hat to that US soap, Dallas. Alan even had Rory in the shower IIRC

Gordon
jrnewto

Post by jrnewto »

I’d guess the Djinn, who was Adam Destine's lover, is of some divine origin. An angel? An element of Creation? Djinns were elemental creatures of fire or air I think. But she seems to be more, where is the mystery in being a genie. I had always assumed she left this plane never to return because Adam (a religious name, the religious name) killed Vincent, their son. Maybe Adam and Djinn were charged with siring a new people or tribe, for a new Garden of Eden. Is Djinn intended as the new Eve?
Marty4Magik

Post by Marty4Magik »

I was so happy to read that panel where Rory mentions the weird dream.
Those last few issues were pretty bad....can't believe Marvel published it.