A return to family values

Was Alan Davis's ClanDestine your favorite?
Row

A return to family values

Post by Row »

Hi Alan,

I wasn't sure where the best place to post this would be, but here seemed to be the most logical place.

I'm sure this will be echoed by everyone here.....Congratulations on the return of The ClanDestine, I'm beyond happy that we all get to read the new adventures of this fabulous family.

It was great to read that you're going to be working on a new ongoing series involving some of the best characters to grace a comic book page in a very long time.

Once again, you've proved that great storytelling and a great idea wins through everytime.

All the best.

Roland.
When lady luck enters, get her a seat
DungeonmasterJim

Post by DungeonmasterJim »

Definately looking forward to ClanDestine under Alan's guidance again. This is wonderful news.

DM Jim
Entropy

Post by Entropy »

There are very few comics that i look forward to. This makes me VERY VERY happy! I don't care that it's bimonthly, with Mr. Davis writing and drawing you know it's worth it. In fact it would have been a mistake to make it monthly, as Mr. Davis knows his own rate and keeps his schedules (and he won't have to wait for the script by someone else ;)
Very few are as creative and professional as Alan.
RIP Kurt Vonnegut and Lloyd Alexander.

Insanity is all in the mind.
Crusader K

It's about time Marvel!!

Post by Crusader K »

Alan - count me in as one ecstatic ClanDestine fan who's CANNOT wait until the new series gets underway!

I had bought the original series, including the regettable issues done after your tenure . . .If you can't say something nice, well....and I even bought the trade that had the X-Men name splattered across it, even tho we fans knew who it was really about.

What I LOVED about the ClanDestine, I mean, other than the unbelieveable artwork, was the sense of history the family has. I mean, Adam and Kay have been around for 900 years! And the other children are from various ages too. It would be cool to show the Clan in different time periods and see Albert or Gracie in younger days or some other member of the family we haven't been introduced to.

I hope you don't feel or it isn't necessary to include the Clan in every. stupid. crossover that Marvel foists upon us. I understand the real world goal and what keeps the Clan around is nice sales but I like that there aren't Sentinels zooming around or registration forms shoved in everyone's face. Not that I think the Clan should be isolated, but the guest starring I'd want to be kept low key.

I hope the characters are the same. Loved the idea of Rory and Pandora as twins who's proximity enables their powers, or Kay as kind of....uhm...amoral or selfish about the use of her powers. And it would be nice to see "mom" in this incarnation also!

I can't wait for the new start! If you can, post some new art on your site to whet our appetites even more!

Thanks again!
"Now I believe there comes a time, when everything just falls in line.
We live and learn by our mistakes; the deepest cuts are healed by fate"