2020 Questions

Got questions? He's got answers!
j1jes

2020 Questions

Post by j1jes »

1. I just picked up an Avengers that you are a writer, but not artist. I don't recall you ever being just the writer, is this new to you? If so, why and what encouraged the change?

2. With the new changes to the X-books and a return of an Excalibur (that seems a bit disconnected from a lot of continuity) are there any chances of you returning to an Excalibur as writer?

3. Clan Destine - any future change of another mini-series? One of the best books I've read!

4. When you left Excalibur with issue 67 was that planned or was it a more that everything in the X-books editorially was changing and you had the opportunity to leave based on where the stories had gone?

5. Any chance of a Rachel Summers Min-series?

6. Any chance of a reunion with Chris Clarement?

7. Any chance you are able to take over Fantaistic Four?
Alan Davis
Creator

Re: 2020 Questions

Post by Alan Davis »

1. I just picked up an Avengers that you are a writer, but not artist. I don't recall you ever being just the writer, is this new to you? If so, why and what encouraged the change?

I haven't written a lot for other pencillers but there have been a few occasions. Full scripts for Excalibur 51 and 52, plots for Excalibur 57 and 58 and I wrote regular plots for both X-Men and Uncanny between 1998-2000 plus an X-mini-series and annual around the same time.

2. With the new changes to the X-books and a return of an Excalibur (that seems a bit disconnected from a lot of continuity) are there any chances of you returning to an Excalibur as writer?

I don't follow comics so have no idea what is going on with the X-Men or Excalibur.

3. Clan Destine - any future change of another mini-series? One of the best books I've read!

Thanks. I'd love to do more but after four outings the family never captured a large enough audience to justify further series.

4. When you left Excalibur with issue 67 was that planned or was it a more that everything in the X-books editorially was changing and you had the opportunity to leave based on where the stories had gone?

I actually stayed a lot longer than I had initially agreed because I loved working with Terry Kavanagh. When Terry asked me to take on the writing I really didn't know if I could do it so I agreed to a limited run from issue 42 to 50. Terry wanted me to resolve a number of storylines-- some of which had been hanging since the earliest issues of Excalibur. As I got close to issue 50 Teryy asked me to do more, which did appeal to me because I had so much fun and I had developed a few ideas that I wanted to explore. Terry also wanted me to generate some new storylines and characters to replace what I had resolved.

5. Any chance of a Rachel Summers Min-series?

Who know?

6. Any chance of a reunion with Chris Clarement?

I'd like to work with Chris again and we have talked about doing another project together over the years. Including returning to Excalibur. Chris pitched the idea of a 'Unseen Crosstime Capers' series but Marvel wasn't interested.

7. Any chance you are able to take over Fantastic Four?

I'm already committed to projects that will keep me busy for most of 2020.