Old costumes/New costumes

Got questions? He's got answers!
Kroco

Old costumes/New costumes

Post by Kroco »

Hello, First of all, inglish is not me first language, so sorry for all the mistake.
Second, thank you Alan Davis for taking the time to answer at all the questions we have.
So, me question is about the change of costume you did sometime and I thing about the nightcrawler in Excalibur who don't stay a lot of time. You change it becouse you were borde of it. Why he just stay for some episode.
Thank you.
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

It wasn’t boredom, Kroco. While I believe Nightcrawler’s classic costume is a terrific design. I was dissatisfied with the overly simplistic look that the solid black portions of the costume created—especially in larger figures. When I pencilled Kurt is some dynamic or action packed pose, I would draw all of the muscle and form before reducing it to a simple ‘silhouette’ so I was constantly aware of what was being lost. There were also instances where the pointed shoulder pieces would look wrong-- or make the figure look wrong-- in foreshortened or extreme positions. I decided to try out the modification to see if I could overcome the ‘problem’. It wasn't coloured the way I had expected and I don't think it worked as well as the original.