Cover dedicated to Adam Hughes from Glasgow '91?

Got questions? He's got answers!
XIII

Cover dedicated to Adam Hughes from Glasgow '91?

Post by XIII »

Googling around, I just stumbled upon this picture:

...but I can't find anything else about where it comes from. Glasgow '91 must be a reference to the UKCAC event of that year I guess.

I'd like to know the origin and story behind that cover, who wrote the text, and above all, where can I get a bigger, complete, uncropped picture of it. If anyone, not necessarily Alan, can help me, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Gerry

Re: Cover dedicated to Adam Hughes from Glasgow '91?

Post by Gerry »

its the cover to Amazing Heroes #193,which has interviews with Alan and Mark Farmer

XIII

Post by XIII »

Thank you!

Still I'd really like to know if the amusingly risqué text card was wholly Alan's idea, since it's signed by him and seems in total concordance with the intent of the drawing...
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

I had been asked to provide a cover for the Amazing heroes interview I gave about Excalibur just prior to the Glasgow Convention where I (and Mark Farmer) first met Adam Hughes. We had a fun time during which we jokingly ridiculed Adam about the dangers of being marginalised as a Good-Girl-Artist (oh, the irony). Hence the image I devised on my return from Glasgow and the note I wrote in tribute to the inspiration of the composition.