Art commission

Got questions? He's got answers!
Thavius

Art commission

Post by Thavius »

Hello,

Very happy to see you on a regular book again - with Captain America. Always a fun ride.

Over the past few years, publishing A First Salvo books, we have continued to be inspired by your incredible art. As fans from your time on Excalibur and earlier, we have considered asking for a pin-up - or the Holy Grail - a 2 or 4 page story by you, featuring an important event in our character's histories.

Having done so with past artists we have admired, for such purposes, and regularly working with Norm Breyfogle, I feel it worth asking, rather than never knowing.

Regards - Thad Branco

PS - I am also an admirer of Bellamy's later work on Garth - their is a...seasoned freedom to line-work. His inks, his less detailed approach, pacement of blacks. It is beautiful, graceful. Wish there were more collections out there!
Thavius - for First Salvo
www.firstsalvo.com
Alan Davis
Creator

Re: Art commission

Post by Alan Davis »

Thanks for the kind words, Thad.
I’m still under an exclusive contract to Marvel so can’t even consider outside offers. But thanks anyway.
There is a fair amount of Frank Bellamy work available in collections-- though some may be out of print they do occasionally appear on e-bay—Such as High Command (the Churchill and Montgomery stories), Frasier of Africa, and Thunderbirds-- in various formats. In recent years Titan has published Bellamy’s tenure on Dan Dare while Book palace has published collections of Robin Hood and King Arthur strips.
All the best

Alan
Thavius

Re: Art commission

Post by Thavius »

Thanks, perhaps one day.

But, Fantastic Four will do. The annual is great from the first page. And purchased hardcovers of Avengers Prime and Stand-off.

Thad
Thavius - for First Salvo
www.firstsalvo.com