What's Next?

Got questions? He's got answers!
Keoni

What's Next?

Post by Keoni »

Hello Alan,
Now that your Avenger's Prime miniseries is finishing up any hints as to what's up next? Another miniseries for Marvel?
Any word on future Clandestine stories?
Alan Davis
Creator

Re: What's Next?

Post by Alan Davis »

Hi Keoni

I'm working on a 22 page one-off but I can't go into details.

Then I hope to finally finish the last of a trilogy of Annuals that will be of interest to ClanDestine fans.

Alan
DungeonmasterJim

Post by DungeonmasterJim »

At this news, my money is ready to support such a worthy cause!

DM Jim
Keoni

Post by Keoni »

WoooHoo! That's some good news.

I thoroughly enjoy your work (written and illustrated, both equally) and I look forward to the one-off and the annuals in 2011.
Keoni

Post by Keoni »

I hope the "Young Avengers #1" is the one off you mention above. Maybe we'll get some ClanDestine goodness this summer/late summer/fall.
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

I finished the FF annual in 2009. The Daredevil annual in February 2010 and had been well into thumb-nailing the Wolverine annual pre Avengers Prime but, on returning to the job this year, discovered I had lost all of the files during the computer crisis I had last year. A major loss since I had decided to experiment with doing a lot of the thumbnails digitally with no hard-copy records. But, it is my priority now-- aside from covers and odd jobs-- so it should be finished within the next few months.

Alan
Keoni

Post by Keoni »

Mr Davis, do you sketch the thumbnails on a tablet in Photoshop? Or some other drawing/art program?
And do you finish the final rendered drawing in digital form, or just the thumbnails?

Are you enjoying the new Dr Who? Do you have a favorite Doctor? I've only discovered the series (old and new) this past summer (it never aired in my region of the U.S.).
Crusader K

Post by Crusader K »

Can't wait to see some more ClanDestine greatness.

Although it would give the Clan some greater exposure, I'm kinda selfishly hoping that say, Rory and Pandora aren't suddenly in danger of getting sucked into the vortex of Marvel angst filled teen super groups. Or that for example, Kay doesn't suddenly join Avengers UK or some nonesense like that. I think there's more than enough of that. To me that uniqueness and stand alone nature of the ClanDestine is it's greatest attribute.

But its always a kick to see the Clan in any form!
"Now I believe there comes a time, when everything just falls in line.
We live and learn by our mistakes; the deepest cuts are healed by fate"
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

Members of the Clan appear in all three annuals-- which are stand alone stories for the title character but connect through the involvement of the Clan.
All of the Clan characters are exactly as seen in their last appearance, as if no significant time has passed.

Alan