Do you watch any comic book related animated series?

Got questions? He's got answers!
DungeonmasterJim

Do you watch any comic book related animated series?

Post by DungeonmasterJim »

Hello sir,

I was wondering if you do since there have been a fair amount of comic book related animated series over the past few years.

I might as well sneak in asking about movies as well.

James Roberts
Alan Davis
Creator

Re: Do you watch any comic book related animated series?

Post by Alan Davis »

Hi James

I actually have a TV next to my drawing board so have ample opportunity to watch animated series but for purely practical reasons I usually only ‘watch’ things I can ‘listen’ to like news, documentaries OR DVDs of the sort of movies or TV programmes where, once you have identified who is speaking, can be followed like a radio play—unless there is a musical cue for a purely visual sequence. If not I can hit rewind. The problem with animated series is that I want to look at the visuals throughout.
I can usually gauge how work is going by how much TV I remember seeing. On a good day I’ll sometimes play the same disc twice or just give up trying to watch.
When I do get time to give the TV full attention I tend to watch foreign films and TV—which have subtitles that need to be read. Mostly Japanese and Chinese films but we are lucky enough to have access to lots of European movies and TV like the excellent Wallander.

Alan