Random Questions

Got questions? He's got answers!
Bill P

Random Questions

Post by Bill P »

Firstly, thanks for the great website. Love to hear your opinion on comics in general as well as your own work.

Just a few questions:

1. Do you own Clan Destine, similiar to Peter David's Fallen Angel, can you take the title and do it somewhere else? I love to see the book again, just re reading it. I really like to see what exactly happened to Vincent? I alot of great themes in this book, I'll like to see the characters return. I don't want Adam's prediction to come true, at the end of Clan Destine/X-men mini?

2. Were there plans of a Superboy's Legion sequel?

3. How many issues is FF The End? And whats this talk about Stan Lee and John Romita Jr on FF The End? I'm confused? Newsarama had pages of John Romita Jr FF The End. I'll rather see you solo on the book.

4. I'm guessing we will see you at DC after your Marvel contract expires? Or are you planning to work at Marvel further. Anywhere you go, I'll be keeping my eye on you....wait, that sounds pretty creepy, oh well you get the picture! :wink:

5. Who is colouring your FF The End pages??

Anyway, love your work, thanks for being there for your fans!
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

1.Do you own Clan Destine, similiar to Peter David's Fallen Angel, can you take the title and do it somewhere else? I love to see the book again, just re reading it. I really like to see what exactly happened to Vincent? I alot of great themes in this book, I'll like to see the characters return. I don't want Adam's prediction to come true, at the end of Clan Destine/X-men mini?

Yes. But the situation is complicated by the fact I set the series in the Marvel Universe.

2. Were there plans of a Superboy's Legion sequel?

Mark would have loved to write a second series but, we were told, there wasn’t enough interest to justify a sequel.

3. How many issues is FF The End? And whats this talk about Stan Lee and John Romita Jr on FF The End? I'm confused? Newsarama had pages of John Romita Jr FF The End. I'll rather see you solo on the book.

You’re confused?! I thought I had been fired and they forgot to send me the memo.

4. I'm guessing we will see you at DC after your Marvel contract expires? Or are you planning to work at Marvel further. Anywhere you go, I'll be keeping my eye on you....wait, that sounds pretty creepy, oh well you get the picture!

I have no idea what I’ll be doing next.

5. Who is colouring your FF The End pages??

John Kalisz—who you might know from the excellent work he did on Another Nail.

Alan
CAIO REIS

Post by CAIO REIS »

You’re confused?! I thought I had been fired and they forgot to send me the memo.
My goodness! Is that really how Marvel works? Some organization, eh?
Moonboy

Post by Moonboy »

Alan Davis wrote:1.Do you own Clan Destine, similiar to Peter David's Fallen Angel, can you take the title and do it somewhere else?
Yes. But the situation is complicated by the fact I set the series in the Marvel Universe.
Woah, I had never dreamed that.. I always thought Marvel only publish Characters they own... So there's hope after all? :D :D :D :D :D
You're my favorite penciler since so many years (Well with André Franquin but he's dead... :shock: ). If I get rich enough someday I will hire you to write and draw the Clandestine saga to the end... I promise! Even if I am the only one to read it! But I won't...
Can't we imagine a one shot at Marvel where the Clan Destine family go to another universe of your own? or a re-tell of the published episodes but in another totally independent universe? Well... :?
Waiting for FF-the End, I wish you the best.. and a big thank you for all this delicious hours with your comics..
christophe

Re: Random Questions

Post by christophe »

Bill P wrote:3. How many issues is FF The End? And whats this talk about Stan Lee and John Romita Jr on FF The End? I'm confused? Newsarama had pages of John Romita Jr FF The End. I'll rather see you solo on the book.
John Romita Jr works on a project FF The End since nearly 3-4 years. 1 or 2 pages per month when he did Amazing Spider-Man + Gray Area (or Incredible Hulk). That was announced as 1 Prestige Format (and later, maybe 2).
If my memory serves, FF The End by Alan & Mark was scheduled for 8 issues.
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

I look forward to your winning the lottery, Moonboy.

Christophe, Since I am still not able to work at my normal rate John jr’s ‘END’ may see print before mine-- Which will be a six issue mini series.

Alan
Bill P

Post by Bill P »

Alan Davis wrote:I look forward to your winning the lottery, Moonboy.

Christophe, Since I am still not able to work at my normal rate John jr’s ‘END’ may see print before mine-- Which will be a six issue mini series.

Alan
That's no good, I'm not half as interested in FF The End by John Jr compared to yours. Is everything ok? Why are you not able to work at normal rate. Anyway thanks for the constant updates to your site, love the Phoenix Digital illustration!
Moonboy

Post by Moonboy »

Alan Davis wrote:I look forward to your winning the lottery, Moonboy.
dear Alan,

Believe it or not.. I'm working on it! :twisted:

Anyway, please don't wait for me if you have got another way.. :wink:
Ilke

Post by Ilke »

It looks like Alan's FF: The End will be released before the other FF: The End, as implied by this excerpt from the comicscontinuum.com report on the 'Cup O' Joe' panel from Wizard World Philadelphia on June 3rd:

* Quesada said Alan Davis' Fantastic Four: The End is next in the series, and Brevoort said more will follow.

I just had a thought - they could name Alan's mini FF: BookEnd One, and the other one FF: BookEnd Two. (Tongue firmly planted in cheek.)

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/ ... epanel.htm
christophe

Post by christophe »

About the other FF The End by John Romita Jr...
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=84723