Thoughts on X-Men: Forever

Got questions? He's got answers!
DungeonmasterJim

Thoughts on X-Men: Forever

Post by DungeonmasterJim »

Hello Mr. Davis,

I've been following an X-men Forever thread over on comixfan. It seems to be the only place Chris Claremont posts. Sure enough, your name popped up. :) Any thoughts on the following that was posted on comixfan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Jones View Post
How about Alan Davis? It would be nice to see him draw Kitty and Kurt again. Too bad Kitty will be in a new costume by then.

Dear Kevin --

Alan would, of course, be totally wonderful. I'll never even hesitate when it comes to a chance to work with him -- but for what it's worth, I believe he's happily focused on his own projects at the moment. Which I, as both reader and (sigh) fan, can't wait to read.

Cordially,

Chris Claremont
Thanks,

DM Jim
Alan Davis
Creator

Re: Thoughts on X-Men: Forever

Post by Alan Davis »

Hi Jim

I have always rated Chris as the best writer I ever worked with and would be always be happy to work with him. The reason our partnerships haven’t lasted longer or been more frequent has been due to external circumstance. Primarily deadlines and delays. I love working in comics BUT it isn’t my life so as soon as work starts to interfere with family time it becomes a problem.

Who knows, maybe one day.

Alan
Kroco

Re: Thoughts on X-Men: Forever

Post by Kroco »

For me, the best writer for the Alan Davis works is certainly...Alan Davis.
Ok, it was a long time ago, but see what append to Excalibur when Chris Claremont was the only one on board...
It's a great writer, but sometime he lose is focus.

David