Trivia archive

Got questions? He's got answers!
Row

Trivia archive

Post by Row »

Wow, been awhile since I saw some of those ClanDestine sketches... I was lucky enough to see some of the final designs that you'd photocopied and sent to Phil Clarke of Nostalgia&Comics to use as promotion for the Clan signing you and Mark did ( I was working on a strip for Phil's ill fated anthology book at the time, and him knowing I was a fan of yours proceeded to flash the pages at me in his office).

I always find it fascinating to see some of the concepts that are explored whenever someone is designing new characters, and the subtle changes and refinements that take place to give us the characters we see on the printed page.

Nice to see the Margret Rutherford sketches too, the classic Miss Marple.

all the best.

Row.
When lady luck enters, get her a seat
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

Most of the ‘finished’ ClanDestine sketches appeared in the issue #0 but as I’m sorting through years of accumulated scraps, other unpublished doodles are resurfacing. I’ll continue to post anything worthwhile if interest continues.

Alan
DungeonmasterJim

Post by DungeonmasterJim »

I have interest in this and would very much welcome seeing such sketches. ClanDestine is high on my list of 'favorites'.

Dm Jim
Row

Post by Row »

I agree with Jm.

Seeing some of the stuff you've already posted is a real treat, and I'd certainly be interested in seeing more.
To expand a little more on my first post, I find it fascinating... not just the finished page of art we all see printed, but all the prelim stuff that goes into making it.
For me, I get a kick out of seeing the whole creative process from start to finish from other artists, whether they do fine art, sculpture or comic art.

I must admit seeing the sketches was a nice suprise, I missed out on issue #0.

All the best.

Row.
When lady luck enters, get her a seat