New Excalibur

Got questions? He's got answers!
Michael P

New Excalibur

Post by Michael P »

Alan, New Excalibur is going to be starting its second arc, this wednesday. I was wondering if you have been reading or plan on reading this series?

Are you aprehensive as to how Claremont will do to the Captain Britain Mythos or do you trust him to do right? I have a follow up question of sorts. Do you follow everything(or most) that happens to Rachel Summers, Brian Braddock, Meggan, Kitty Pryde and Kurt Wagner? Both you and Claremont are the the definitve artists for these characters and I was wondering if they have a special place in your heart?

-Michael.
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

Michael, I haven't seen any of the relaunched Excalibur but I tend not to seek out comics anymore. When I occasionally visit a comic store I will check out what catches my eye.

I have never followed a book's progress after I have moved on. Partly because some of what follows is sure to irritate me-- so 'out of sight out of mind'-- I also find the constantly rewritten and often contradictory continuity unappealing.

I have fond memories of all of the characters I have worked on but I tend to focus more on what I am doing or what I plan to do next.
Michael P

Post by Michael P »

Thanks Alan! I can see where you're coming from. I suppose it would irritate me too, because I would want to see something different happening. I loved your and Jamie Delano's Captain Britan from the 80's and of course Excalibur. I loved that we got to see Captain Britan under your pencils recently in Uncanny. Do you have any desire to do a Captain Britain series, if New Excalibur doesn't last? I think it would be wonderful to see you as penciler and writer for a Captain Britain series.

Thanks again for your time.

Michael.
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

I sincerely hope Chris' New Excalibur is successful, so I don't anticipate the need for me to consider returning to Captain Britain.

Having said that, I never plan too far ahead and, as I have explained elsewhere in the past, when I left Marvel UK I never anticipated drawing Captain Britain again. Also, my contract with Marvel runs out this year so who knows what will be next?!

All the best

Alan
DungeonmasterJim

Post by DungeonmasterJim »

Does this mean we the readers might have a chance of hiring you for commissions at that time? :D

DM Jim
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

Only if nobody is willing to hire me to draw comics-- But if that happens I might dust off my chain saw and return lumberjacking...

Alan
Row

Post by Row »

Ah, but will you be okay, and sleep all night and work all day?

All the best.

Row.
When lady luck enters, get her a seat