A Naily Question

Got questions? He's got answers!
DavidMiller

A Naily Question

Post by DavidMiller »

Alan,
Just wondering. From my readings of your Nail series, it seems that the multi-verse still exists in the Nail-verse.

So, why is Power Girl on Earth-1?

And how did the Earth-2 Superman make out?

Thanks!

David Miller
"I regret not the things I've done, only those things I have yet to do."

"Those things we do for ourselves die with us. Those things we do for others live on."
Lesfer

Re: A Naily Question

Post by Lesfer »

DavidMiller wrote:Alan,
Just wondering. From my readings of your Nail series, it seems that the multi-verse still exists in the Nail-verse.

So, why is Power Girl on Earth-1?

And how did the Earth-2 Superman make out?

Thanks!

David Miller
I think of 2 possibilities:

1 - There's no multiverse in the Nailverse, but a single one.

2 - It's a elseworld. Power Girl is from Earth-1, so what? It's a elseworld. :wink:
DavidMiller

A Naily Question

Post by DavidMiller »

Whoa, Lesfer

We're just having a little fun here. I'm not trying to bring "Alan to task" on anything.

But I am honestly curious if the Earths 1 and 2 factored into his Nail series or not.

Just curious, really.

Signed,
The Davis-Fan
"I regret not the things I've done, only those things I have yet to do."

"Those things we do for ourselves die with us. Those things we do for others live on."
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

As anyone who has read Another Nail knows, there were parallel Earths in the ‘Nail Universe’ but how they fit into any multiverse would depend on the definition of a Multiverse. Logically the problem is, IF there is a Multiverse, does it overlap with other Multiverses and if so where does it/they end. IF Earth-prime has parallel Earths (2, 3 and X) along with mysterious dimensions and spiritual planes does the ‘Nail-Earth-Prime’ also have its own versions of these parallel worlds or are they shared in some way? -- that is, could Nail-Earth be just another parallel of Earth-Prime… Earth 4, 9 or even 156999 recurring-- This is a rhetorical question— even if Stephen Hawkins use of the terminology gives the comic equivalent some legitimacy, I find the whole premise too ridiculous to pursue.

Why was Power Girl on the Nail Earth (1)? I needed a villain to steal the Amazo android from the Metal Men—since Black Canary was to ultimately be revealed to be behind the theft I thought it might be fun to have her enlist interesting Female villains along the lines of the ‘Valkyrie and the Lady liberators’. Aside from Star Sapphire I had already used the limited number of interesting female villains and, not having a place for Black Orchid (who always had ambiguous motivation) I decided to incorporate her. Thumbing through the DC books for inspiration, Power Girl seemed to fit the bill to round off a femme fatale trio.

How did the earth 2 Superman make out? Over the years Superman had inhaled microscopic particles of Kryptonite drifting around in the earth’s atmosphere—a combination of all 72 types of Kryptonite that not only robbed Kal of his powers but also transformed him into a one legged transvestite tap dancer with a cockney accent. He was arrested after killing the director of the stage musical Mary Poppins who refused him the role of Mary. Now calling himself Fiona he lives happily on death row with his cell mate Ben Dover.

Alan
Crusader K

Post by Crusader K »

Alan Davis wrote: How did the earth 2 Superman make out? Over the years Superman had inhaled microscopic particles of Kryptonite drifting around in the earth’s atmosphere—a combination of all 72 types of Kryptonite that not only robbed Kal of his powers but also transformed him into a one legged transvestite tap dancer with a cockney accent. He was arrested after killing the director of the stage musical Mary Poppins who refused him the role of Mary. Now calling himself Fiona he lives happily on death row with his cell mate Ben Dover.

Alan
LMAO! Now that's a mess! THIS is why Alan is a favorite! LOL!!!
"Now I believe there comes a time, when everything just falls in line.
We live and learn by our mistakes; the deepest cuts are healed by fate"