Spanish Convention

Got questions? He's got answers!
Blacksad

Spanish Convention

Post by Blacksad »

Hi Alan!

Can you confirm already if you are finally coming soon to any spanish convention and wich one it would be? I'm looking for some original art so you could sign it for me in there. Thank you.
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

Blacksad, I’ll let you know as soon as any details are confirmed.
Blacksad

Post by Blacksad »

Thank you, Alan, I'll be looking for it.
Blacksad

Post by Blacksad »

Hi again, Alan

Some time has past since I last wrote here. I guess you finally are not coming to Spain, at least by the moment. I intended to go to Bristol with some friends, but results my second child is coming during the next days, so it´s going to be impossible for me to go this time.

Anyways, my friends are still coming from Spain to the Con, and they are bringing with them a page of mine you did years ago for Adventures of the Outsiders, so you can sign it; and they will try to get a nice sketch of Nightcrawler or Captain Britain for me.

It would also be great if you could bring with you some art to the Con, as Jim Warden hardly has got jus a few things on his web by now.

Thanks again, and I hope to see you soon at another convention.
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

I have been scheduled to do two signings at Bristol and I'll be happy to sign your artwork Blacksad. Sketching will really depend on how my wrist holds up.

I hadn't planned on taking any original art with me to Bristol-- And the shortage of art on the DOA site isn't Jim's fault. I still haven't finished the checklist... or more precisely, I haven't been able to finish doing a physical check of the pages against the list. Some of the pages have no visible page number and others have three (story, line-up and reprint) so the pile has to be checked against comics.

Good luck to you and your wife with the impending addition to your family.
Blacksad

Post by Blacksad »

Thank you, Alan

My friends came yesterday from UK and they brought me The Oustsiders page signed and the GREAT Nightcrawler sketch you did back in Bristol. It's really nice. Meanwhile we are still waiting for the little one to come (He was due to come by yesterday).

I hope to see you in person in the next future in another convention.

Best regards,
- - - - -
Pablo