Comic Creators on the X-Men

Got questions? He's got answers!
DungeonmasterJim

Comic Creators on the X-Men

Post by DungeonmasterJim »

Hello Alan,

Any chance you can give us a teaser or two about the length of your interview or anything?

From a poster at Comixfan:

Here's a little book X-fans may want to check out come May 2006:

Comic Creators on the X-Men. A book detailing interviews with many of the most influential creators who have worked on the X-Men through the years. Put together by Tom DeFalco, he will interview Stan Lee, Chris Claremont, John Byrne, Alan Davis, Grant Morrison, Mark Millar and many others.

Packed with exclusive sketches, script pages, rare and classic covers, and essential background information on the X-Men's labyrinthine history and vast cast of characters. This book promises to be the kind of resource no fan can do without.
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

Hi Jim

I have no idea about the content or form of the book. Tom DeFalco asked me to answer a few questions, which I did by e-mail.

Alan
Ilke

Post by Ilke »

Here's the solicitation copy for Comic Creators on X-Men (Titan Publishing) from the latest Previews:

"Edited by Tom DeFalco. The definitive look at the mighty mutants, including interviews with co-creator Stan Lee, writers Roy Thomas and Chris Claremont, superstar artists John Byrne, Neal Adams and Alan Davis, and controversial writer Grant Morrison! Packed with exclusive sketches, script pages and essential information on every X-Man. SC, 6x9, 272 pgs, B&W....$17.95"

In addition to the above creators, the proposed cover also lists the names Rob Liefeld, Marc Silvestri, Scott Lobdell, Bill Sienkiewicz, Bob Harras, Louise Simonson and Mark Millar.
Ilke

Post by Ilke »

The amazon.com listing for Comic Creators on X-Men is at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/184576 ... oding=UTF8
Matt Platis
Site Admin

Post by Matt Platis »

Ilke wrote:The amazon.com listing for Comic Creators on X-Men is at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/184576 ... oding=UTF8
I am a sucker for this kinda stuff. I will be picking it up.
~Matt
Ilke

Post by Ilke »

Comic Creators on X-Men arrives in comic shops on May 17th, according to www.diamondcomics.com/shipping/shipping_051706.txt
Ilke

Post by Ilke »

Comic Creators on X-Men includes a checklist of Alan's work on the X-books, one featuring several omissions/errors:

- Excalibur #12 is missing from the checklist

- Since Alan's pin-up from X-Men Unlimited #11 is listed, his covers for the following should have also been listed: X-Men Universe: Past, Present...Future?! #1, X-Men: Danger Room Battle Archives TPB, ClanDestine Versus the X-Men TPB, Excalibur #51 and #52

- While Excalibur #125 is listed, it should have been specified that Alan did only the cover

- While Excalibur: The Possession is listed, it should have been specified that Alan did only a pin-up

- Alan is mistakenly listed as the writer of X-Man '96