Commission/Mailing list Question...

Got questions? He's got answers!
OVMediaworks

Commission/Mailing list Question...

Post by OVMediaworks »

Alan,

I've been a fan since first being introduced to your work back in BTOS (I believe that's the proper abbreviation).
I'm quite happy t come cross this avenue to "speak" with you and hear your POV on a variety of topics.

I have a quick question regarding commissions/mailing lists...
I was recently on the JOHN BYRNE forum and came across a number of your commission that some of your fans recently received.
After researching their postings, they revealed that they were able to come by these commissions by being on your mailing list and therefore were notified when you had some for sale.

Looking to join your mailing list, I checked your web site on how to become a member, but was unable to find any information on any way to join.
So I am hoping to either join your mailing list, or obtain information on how I can.

Thank you.
Longtime fan.
Matt Platis
Site Admin

Re: Commission/Mailing list Question...

Post by Matt Platis »

OVMediaworks wrote:Alan,

I've been a fan since first being introduced to your work back in BTOS (I believe that's the proper abbreviation).
I'm quite happy t come cross this avenue to "speak" with you and hear your POV on a variety of topics.

I was recently on the JOHN BYRNE forum and came across a number of your commission that some of your fans recently received.
After researching their postings, they revealed that they were able to come by these commissions by being on your mailing list and therefore were notified when you had some for sale.

Looking to join your mailing list, I checked your web site on how to become a member, but was unable to find any information on any way to join.
So I am hoping to either join your mailing list, or obtain information on how I can.

Thank you.
Longtime fan.
The best way to join the mailing is to e-mail Alan directly. You can find more information on his site here:
http://www.alandavis-comicart.com/ADCommissions.html

I have reprinted it here as well:
For the past few years I have made posts that I hope to soon be organised enough to arrange
sales or auctions of original art and, with a bit of luck, that may finally happen... In the not too
distant future. I have already set up an address for anyone wishing to be notified of
impending sales or auctions...

alandavis@alandavis-comicart.com

Anyone who writes to this address will be added to the address book so that any sales can
be preceded by a mail drop to all interested parties. I started this early to allow plenty of time
for folk to get their name on the address book. BUT, as I have said above, it may be a while
before I get organised so please don't expect any immediate sales.

In regard of commissions, I should explain that most of the commission pieces posted on my
site were drawn for relatives, friends, colleagues, as a favour or in trade. I have rarely drawn
true commissions because I prefer to focus on producing comic pages (and my time to do
that has been more limited than ever recently) so when I do get 'free time' to draw a page,
like some of those in the Unpublished Pencil Art links on my website-- I do it for fun.

There are some pages I have sketched that I will sell and I hope to draw more in the future.
Once I get the ball rolling with original art sales, the 'sketched' pages will also be posted or
taken along to conventions. Anyone interested in being notified of this eventuality should
also e-mail the address above.

Alan
~Matt
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

Alan,

Thank you.
Longtime fan.
Hi LTF

I use BATO

I appreciate you being prepared to ‘speak’ on the Forum. I have been trying to convince more of the folk who e-mail my website to post here but many claimed to be deterred by the stupidity and venom of the lunatic fringe-- And don’t think I haven’t heard a lot of ‘I told you so’s about that one. So thanks for sticking your head above the parapet.

Selling original art has never been a priority for me and, as any longtime member of this board will know, the idea of selling sketches grew out of requests from folk who felt cheated after seeing images I had drawn at or for conventions when I wasn’t attending conventions in their vicinity. I hadn’t anticipated the demand, my ‘list’ has quadrupled since the first sale and the limitations of my e-mail address book meant I had to start a second then third list. Far too many for me to be able to supply in the foreseeable future but I will try to do a sale once or twice a year—with the assistance of my son Thomas who does a lot of the actual work.

Alan
Gerry

Post by Gerry »

and Thomas does a superb job,outstanding and supersafe packaging.