Did Kitty remember the Clan?

Got questions? He's got answers!
Crusader K

Did Kitty remember the Clan?

Post by Crusader K »

Ok. Just read ClanDestine Vol. 2 again and I'm newly pissed that Marvel doesn't see fit to publish more of the Clan. But thats a rant for another time.

Any way - Alan, a thought struck me after I re-read it. And if this has been answered elsewhere I apologize but, given that Dom, Newton and the kids wound up meeting Excalibur of the past, did Kitty 'remember' the Clan when she met up with them in the future when the X-Men met them during the Synraith affair? Did that happen off camera? Or...since the Clan didnt mention meeting Excalibur she figured that they hadn't met her in the past yet so she kept mum so as to not cause a paradox? Or should I just shut up and enjoy the books? LOL.

I love time travel but it makes my head hurt!
"Now I believe there comes a time, when everything just falls in line.
We live and learn by our mistakes; the deepest cuts are healed by fate"
Matt Platis
Site Admin

Re: Did Kitty remember the Clan?

Post by Matt Platis »

That is an interesting question.

With all the time traveling the X-teams do, Kitty might not have mentioned it considering it happens all the time! :lol:
~Matt
Keoni

Post by Keoni »

Wasn't Kitty, like a lot of other x-related characters that appeared in that mini-series, just a hologram in the danger room scenario that everyone believed was real except Dom and Logan?
Crusader K

Post by Crusader K »

Keoni wrote:Wasn't Kitty, like a lot of other x-related characters that appeared in that mini-series, just a hologram in the danger room scenario that everyone believed was real except Dom and Logan?
Duhhh...you know what Keoni? I reread that story last night and darn my memory! You were right! :lol: Thanks for the correction tho!

First thing to go is the mind....
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

Thanks for setting the record straight, Keoni.

Although I maintain overall continuity is impossible inside the mainstream I do make every effort to be consistent within my own stories. I plotted over twenty issues of the ClanDestine, after the eight issues that saw print-- when I was working on the first series-- with a number of other themes and ideas that would generate at least another fifteen to twenty issues.

The patchy nature of ClanDestine appearances has forced me to change how the stories unfold but the events, motivations, characterisation and resolutions are always consistent with my original plan.

Alan
Crusader K

Post by Crusader K »

Thanks Alan!

LOL! I have COMPLETE faith in your ability to maintain continuity within your stories! Now, my faith in my OWN memory? Wellll...

And boy! Wouldnt it be great to see what OTHER stories you had cooked up for the Clan? I gotta start to badger Joey da Q.