Skrulls?!

Got questions? He's got answers!
j1jes

Skrulls?!

Post by j1jes »

I really liked what you did with the Skrulls in your book time on the X-men. How do you feel about the whole Secret Invasion Skrull thing. IT seems to have been off to me for SO many reason. I don't know why people thought this idea was so great and original it seems like you already gave us a better story
Alan Davis
Creator

Re: Skrulls?!

Post by Alan Davis »

I haven’t seen any of the Secret Invasion books. I read very few comics nowadays—though I was recently introduced to Thom Zahler’s Love and Capes, which was the most fun comic I’ve read in years.

My take on the Skrulls was simply an extension of the classic Thomas/Adams Kree-Skrull War story. When I accepted the ‘chore’ of resolving the ‘Joseph’ and ‘Twelve’ storylines across the X-books the whole thing was a mess, which is why no ‘real’ writer wanted to touch it.
My first thought was to make Joseph a Skrull but editorial insisted he was a clone— because X-Readers would not accept Skrulls in the X-Universe— which was infuriating but I thought I’d be plotting just the one or two books at that time and conceded.
I had done a fair amount of Skrull research for the Joseph story and when I agreed to tackle the Twelve mess—along with a shopping list of other fixes, like reintroducing/restoring Bishop, the Moniloth, Sunfire etc-- the Skrull seemed to offer the best solution… but it was still a hard sell. I think the Galactus/spy world issue was the one that swung it.