question about Excalibur issue 2

Got questions? He's got answers!
DungeonmasterJim

question about Excalibur issue 2

Post by DungeonmasterJim »

Looking at some of your old Excalibur pages I noticed that this page is listed as page 17 and then marked 24. Do you recall why this was? Where there changes in the script. I'd love to see Chris Claremont's old scripts if things got switched around and such.

Thanks for any help and info you can provide.

DM Jim

Ilke

Re: question about Excalibur issue 2

Post by Ilke »

That's page 17 of 22 in terms of actual story, but page 24 of 32 when one includes all the ads (and letter column at the end).
DungeonmasterJim

Post by DungeonmasterJim »

Thanks, Ike.

I was thinking that was the case. But I was hoping for some sort of lost X-File from the original Excalibur series because I love behind the scenes type stuff.

Oh, well.

DM Jim
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

Nowadays the art board has two separate entries (story-page and line-up page numbers) along the top so that both numbering systems are visible but the system used to rely upon the artist noting the story page number on each page then, in house, that number was overwritten with a line-up page number by the editor. While most editors would do this neatly, crossing out the story page number but leaving it legible, others would obliterate the story page number which was sometimes responsible for mix-ups in reprint pagination.
AND can be a real pain when selling original art if the book has been reprinted in different formats and pages were allocated more than one line-up page number.