What about a sketchbook?

Got questions? He's got answers!
Crusader K

What about a sketchbook?

Post by Crusader K »

Hi Alan!

Thank you for the wealth of updates recently on your website. I love studying the pencil art and had my head explode looking at some of the Mark Farmer inked pages! Awesome stuff!

What are the chances of a coffee table style sketchbook printed chock full of some of your printed stuff, commissioned sketches, private sketches etc? I don't know about any legal hurdles you'd have to overcome by putting different companies characters and pages in one book, but it's been done before.

Have you ever looked into or has anyone ever approached you to do such a book?

Thanks in advance!
"Now I believe there comes a time, when everything just falls in line.
We live and learn by our mistakes; the deepest cuts are healed by fate"
Raj

Re: What about a sketchbook?

Post by Raj »

I don't think a coffee table sketchbook is likely because of the legal issues but a convention sketchbook could be done. A lot of the artists that do the American convention circuit sell them.
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

I have given a book serious consideration over the last few years but, with all my recent domestic distractions, I lost, in the nicest possible way, a lot of time and ‘the book’ is lingering in limbo.
So far I’ve collated around sixty pages of unpublished work or rarely seen work of which I own copyright, plus a lot of ideas and sketches for projects that never got off the ground for one reason or another—including a few characters I designed for Excalibur and X-Men that were never used. It’s a very mixed bag.
Crusader K

Post by Crusader K »

Alan,,

Thank you so much for the response! I'll continue to wait for that book but I'm sure when it does get here its gonna be beautiful!
"Now I believe there comes a time, when everything just falls in line.
We live and learn by our mistakes; the deepest cuts are healed by fate"