Narnia Chronicles

Got questions? He's got answers!
idkidd

Narnia Chronicles

Post by idkidd »

Hello Mr. Davis,

First off, thanks for taking this time to interact with us here -- it's really appreciated as I've admired your work for such a long time.

Do you have any fondness for C.S. Lewis' Narnia Chronicles? If so, could you ever see yourself working on an adaptaion of that material as the writer/artist? With the fantasy elements your work gravitates to when the opportunity arises, I just think it would be a great match. Mr. Lewis was a Christian and worked many biblical allegories into his stories -- if working on such an adaptation, would you find it an interesting challenge to work those parallels into the imagery as well?

Thanks again,
Luke Hackenberg
DungeonmasterJim

Post by DungeonmasterJim »

There should be a The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe movie coming this December or so. I'm anxiusly looking forward to it.

A comic might be kinda cool but I think most people will just grab the DVD so I'm not sure how successful the comic would be or even viable.

DM Jim
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

Hi Luke

I'm familiar with the Narnia chronicles but I'm not really a fan-- although I'm also sure that on some level I have absorbed and maybe even been inspired by some part of CS Lewis' work.

I don't know if you made reference to the Christian and Biblical allegories in the Narnia books because of the references and subtext I used in the ClanDestine (which a few readers have commented on in the past) but my purpose was practical and archeological rather than philosophical.

All the best

Alan