Ex Infernus needs a penciller!

Got questions? He's got answers!
mrshortt1977

Ex Infernus needs a penciller!

Post by mrshortt1977 »

Hi Alan,

I've just read that Marvel are doing a sequel of sorts to 1988's 'Inferno' crossover, written by (pardon any spelling mistakes) CB Celbuski. In the interview, CB said that originally David Mack had been signed on as the artist, but due to delays and other commitments he has been unable to take part, and hence, with his blessing, they were looking for another artist. As far as I know it's a demons and sorcery in the modern world epic centering on Illyana Rasputin. I just thought I'd say that, having enjoyed your '88 Excalibur 'Inferno' tie-in issues and depictions of Illyana later in the series, and given your status as a legendary artist from that era, you would be perfect for the job! I know this is purely wishful thinking but, if it's not too late, and if you fancy it and have the time, why not give them a call?

All the best,

Matthew
Alan Davis
Creator

Re: Ex Infernus needs a penciller!

Post by Alan Davis »

Thanks for the suggestion, Matt. I have to ask though, am I suitable because I’m old or because I draw like David Mack? :wink:
Predabot

Post by Predabot »

Really?? It does? :shock: I've mostly seen the covers that he does, like on Daredevil and Nova for Marvel, and a few of his Kabuki-cover. The only interior comic-panels I have seen from him was from his run on Daredevil where he did a run with his and Quesada's creation, Echo. That was some highly, highly experimental stuff, photos and caligraphy and water-colours and, and... Well, it was a bit confusing at times, but often quite unique.

I hear he's done some stuff for Secret Invasion, New Avengers, but I haven't read any of Secret Invasion yet. Has he started aping your style then? I guess it would make sense for him to follow on someone else's style if he want to be able to do regular comic-work, since I don't think you can put out the kind of experimental stuff he's done in the past on a monthly basis. :|
j1jes

Post by j1jes »

DO IT who cares if the art is the same your is better!

Alan Davis does magic / mystic scenes better than anyone, does X_men like no-one else, oh and BTW ---I loved your take and art on Illayna during a ARC in the crosstime sage.

I wish they would let you control the European Marvel and only you could sabble in the pool

It could just be tales you want to tell, wether it be Clan Destine, Reuniting Exaclibur, Capt B, or other ideas you have.
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

DO IT who cares if the art is the same your is better!
I was attempting to be humorous, j1jes. See Swipes of Alan Davis' art in Alan Davis News!

Thanks for the compliments but I’m happy to work below the radar with the backwater freedom that allows me to tell the sort of stories I really care about.

Alan