Mr. Davis - a question regarding Kitty Pryde...

Got questions? He's got answers!
mrshortt1977

Mr. Davis - a question regarding Kitty Pryde...

Post by mrshortt1977 »

I was just wondering what Alan's reasoning behind / inspiration for his subtle reworking of Shadowcat's look and costume for the early Excalibur series was. I must say I don't think she's ever looked better, and, given that you explained on another topic how Rachel ended up in red, if you have time could you go through this for us?

Loving 'Clandestine', best of luck for the future!

Matthew
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

Matthew, There was never a deliberate reworking of the Kitty design. Initially I went with the JRjr design from X-men but she looked to hard and old for her role in Excalibur so I tried to make her look younger and softer.
mrshortt1977

Post by mrshortt1977 »

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the reply, and I concede it was more a softening than a straight costume redesign on consideration, those JR Jnr issues of 'Uncanny' had a pretty tough, New York feel to them (which I loved) and his character designs reflected this.

Take care and, as ever, best of luck with 'Clandestine' - I'm loving it and hope it's doing well.

Matthew

ps. In reference to something you said on one of the other forums, I simply cannot believe there might be people in the industry that see Alan Davis as archaic. Tell anyone that calls you a dinosaur in future to piss off! M