Attending any cons in the U.S.?

Got questions? He's got answers!
Paul G

Attending any cons in the U.S.?

Post by Paul G »

Hi Alan,
I'm a longtime fan and new member of your forum. I was curious if you were planning on attending any cons in the states this year. I plan on going to Chicago and Baltimore this year and would be thrilled to see you at a con again. I had the good fortune of seeing you at the Mid-Ohio Con in Ohio a few years back.
Keep up the great work!
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

Sorry Paul, no US Conventions planned for this year.

I have fond memories of the Mid-Ohio show. It was a lot of fun.
Paul G

Post by Paul G »

Oh well. There is always next year. (Hint, hint.) Or maybe if the US dollar ever increases in value, I can afford a trip overseas and go to a con in the UK.
wonderdallas

Post by wonderdallas »

Well, Alan, if you ever want to attend DragonCon here in Atlanta, you have a standing reservation at the Crystal Cathedral Hotel. Ok, it's not a church or a hotel, just my house, but it is a funky glass walled mid-century modern house.

You'll have your own suite, I'll taxi you around, show you the town and feed you some good ole southern food. It's the least I could do considering the 20+ years of great entertainment, thanks to you.

Or, since staying at a perfect strangers house is akin to too many horror flicks, I can at the very least get you a behind the scenes tour of CNN. And a Coke...it is Atlanta after all. :)

I grew up in the TV biz and now work in it, so I'm never star struck. Of the few people I'd like to meet (Dolly Parton and the B-52s......I've already met Alan in Charlotte NC) it's mainly just to say 'thanks' for the great work.

Thanks again Alan!

-Dallas
Paul G

Post by Paul G »

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse Alan. But I just saw your name announced as being a guest for this years Mid-Ohio-Con in Columbus, Ohio for October. Keeping in mind that you said you weren't making any US con appearances this year, I just wanted to hear it from you if I should make plans to attend for that weekend. Take care.
Matt Platis
Site Admin

Post by Matt Platis »

Consider me there if Alan is a special guest!
~Matt
DungeonmasterJim

Post by DungeonmasterJim »

I'll be attending DragonCon this year barring disaster. But I'm just an attendee, nobody special.

I kind of hope Mid-Ohio Con is inaccurate. This is only because the cheap airline that was 10 minutes away with it's hub in Columbus just closed operations about 2 months ago! :x I might have been able to fly there and back for under $100!

What a pisser.

DM Jim
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

I will be attending the Mid-Ohio-Con in Columbus in October, all being well, Paul.

Thanks for the invite, Dallas.

Spoilsport Jim.

Alan