More Clan Questions

Got questions? He's got answers!
wonderdallas

More Clan Questions

Post by wonderdallas »

I tell ya, the possibilities an ongoing CD series would have just has my mind reeling with thoughts. So, a few questions.

Is Satyr-Nun the same character of Anjulie from way back in Excalibur's Cross Time Caper? She looks almost identical in costume but the powers and role seem different.

Is Jasmine/Kay's attraction to green outfits (tight and with pulled back hair) in anyway a purposeful connection to her mother? Is it possible that Jasmine's original body was green?

Speaking of, why doesn't Newton engineer bodies for Jasmine. This would solve the dilemma of the morality issue of stolen bodies. Unless...*insert sinister laugh*.... Newton actually wishes Jasmine would just up and die one day. He obviously has some reason, other than privacy, for keeping his family from Ethera. He was obviously steering Dom from the idea of staying......and he LIKES Dom. Interesting.

Finally, besides buying every copy I can find, is there anything I can do, letter I can write, that would influence Marvel into making CD an on-going series (only written by you)?

-Dallas
Crusader K

Post by Crusader K »

I agree. I've been buying 3 copies each month - one for me and two for friends I'm hoping to hook on comics. (I wanted to show them what a well drawn, thoughful and fun comic was - what better than ClanDestine?).

Is there someone - Joey Q or someone - that we can write and badger into giving us more Clan?
"Now I believe there comes a time, when everything just falls in line.
We live and learn by our mistakes; the deepest cuts are healed by fate"
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

Is Satyr-Nun the same character of Anjulie from way back in Excalibur's Cross Time Caper? She looks almost identical in costume but the powers and role seem different.
Dallas, Anjulie was as an alternate Saturnyne. As with all alternate characters some are closer, more alike, than others.
My initial plan was that Newton would be living on Anjulie’s (Warlord) world but my ideas evolved so it became easier for Newton’s earth to be an alternate Warlord Earth.

Is Jasmine/Kay's attraction to green outfits (tight and with pulled back hair) in anyway a purposeful connection to her mother? Is it possible that Jasmine's original body was green?
Kay wear green because Walter is blue, Rory red, Pandora pink and Dom… well you get the idea. Jasmine wasn’t green skinned. Kay pulls her hair back in a tight bun because, despite her flamboyant hedonistic nature, she is absolutely practical.

Speaking of, why doesn't Newton engineer bodies for Jasmine. This would solve the dilemma of the morality issue of stolen bodies. Unless...*insert sinister laugh*.... Newton actually wishes Jasmine would just up and die one day. He obviously has some reason, other than privacy, for keeping his family from Ethera. He was obviously steering Dom from the idea of staying......and he LIKES Dom. Interesting.
Newton has only recently engineered cloned bodies— during Jasmine’s Kay Cera (Sr) incarnation-- so that option hasn’t been available for long. I don’t think Kay would find it an attractive proposition though... She is suspicious of science. Gains more than a body when she takes a host, (she absorbs some of the residual host persona which reinvigorates her lust for life— giving a new perspective) She would hate to owe Newton a favour.
Newton is scared of Kay while he is all logic and science, Kay is dark, mystical and unpredictable. She is also a bully, demanding and not above giving her little brother a nasty wedgie. Newton protects his haven on Ethera as a schoolboy would his ‘adult’ DVD collection. It is the ultimate role playing fantasy fulfilment.

I appreciate all of the support for ClanDestine, and the notion of a petition, but sales will be the determining factor of the books survival. I have had more than a few people advise me how I could boost sales or make ClanDestine more popular but all of the suggestions invariable reject the very things I value so I’d rather do no more ClanDestine than corrupt the concept to fit what is perceived as the ‘model for success’.
j1jes

Post by j1jes »

I love the sense of siblings changing based on hwo VERY much older they are. Having a sister 15 years younger it's amaizing, let alon1 150 years or 500 years.

You have so elegantly thought out these characters and their life impacts
neling4

Post by neling4 »

Mr. Davis,

In Clandestine #3 previews, Excalibur and Hex seem to have landed in a place that looks like the setting of Excalibur #15. Will we learn why Kurt wore a red dress and a yellow wig and danced with Captain Britain, and why Alistair was tied to a pole, and why Meggan was a frog, etc., etc., in that issue?

These questions, and others like them, have tortured me for years.

Well...not really, but I would like to know.

Thanks!

Nancy
wonderdallas

Post by wonderdallas »

And it seems to me as if this is the Earth from the Killraven series as well as that issue of Excalibur.

Of course, it could also be just another, previously unseen, stop on the Cross-Time Caper Express.

Fun stuff.

-Dallas[/quote]
j1jes

Post by j1jes »

I just love the fact that we get one final peek at the classic Exaclibur and it's done right and so well!!!!

Restores my faith and and partially the damage done to some of those characters, especially rachel and the now "lost"Kitty

WOuld you ever consider doing an Exaclibur the Cross Time Sage "Lost Year"