Original Art

Got questions? He's got answers!
Joe Gravel

Original Art

Post by Joe Gravel »

Hello Alan,

Do you still sell any of your original artwork? If so, is DOA Sales the best place to submit any page requests/inquiries?

Many Thanks!
Joe G.
Darren Taylor

Post by Darren Taylor »

Sorry for tagging on to this question but my question is somewhat related and it saves me starting another thread.

Alan do you (or Paul) still retain any "Bloodlust" pages as I'm looking to buy a page. Thanks.
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

Selling original art has never been a priority and I do make most of my original art sales via Jim Warden. The fact he has so little is my fault entirely because Jim does pursue me in regard to regular requests—But creating new pages is always more important to me.
Fortunately, my daughter Pauline (just graduated from university) is back home and currently cataloguing the original art I have stored away and I hope to have the complete list to Jim within the next few weeks. Hopefully.

Alan
Joe Gravel

Post by Joe Gravel »

Thanks for the response, Alan.

Cheers,
Joe
Entropy

Post by Entropy »

I'm looking forward to the new stuff!
I've been checking Jim's website for quite awhile now in the hopes of the new stuff showing up (actually started looking daily when you started, uncanny 444:).

Will there be anything besides the published Uncanny X-men material?
While i've been really looking forward to the X-stuff (esp. Crawler related) i also really enjoyed the sketches on your website, esp. those with Monkey.

Jason L.
RIP Kurt Vonnegut and Lloyd Alexander.

Insanity is all in the mind.
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

Thanks for the kind words Jason. I have had a few favourable comments in regard to the Monkey sketches so I may post more once I get time to tidy them up-- along with a variety of other bits and pieces.

I haven't sent any new art to Jim Warden for some time. As I have frequently said, selling original art has never been a priority BUT, I am in the process of finalising the list for Jim (and only two months late) so please don't blame Jim, I'm the one who is slowing things up.

Alan
Brian Peck

Greatest X-Men Annuals back

Post by Brian Peck »

Alan,
What was this for? Has it been published?

[/url]
Be seeing you,
Brian
Robin Riggs
Creator/Esteemed Guest

Post by Robin Riggs »

Brian, it's actually written on the piece:

Greatest X-Men Annuals - Back Cover
-- Robin.

See my portfolio online at
http://www.robinriggs.com/Pages/folio/folio.html
Brian Peck

Post by Brian Peck »

I saw that Robin but I have never seen this published.
Be seeing you,
Brian
christophe

Post by christophe »

Published as back cover for the TPB X-Men: Danger Room Battle Archives in 1996
(reprints Hulk annual # 7 -with Angel & Iceman-, New Mutants annual # 2, Uncanny X-Men annual # 3 + 10 + 17)
Gordon Somers

Post by Gordon Somers »

Talking of slowing things down, I know you got your daughter doing the dirty work sorting your artwork, but I'm sure there would be a lot of volunteers available to do that!! And I'd be first in line!!

(Dang! Now he'll relly see me as some mad drooling fanboy Scotsman!)

Gordon
Scotland
Entropy

Post by Entropy »

I love the fact that Alan's concern isn't the original art and that he instead concentrates on the story telling. As much as I love buying the art, it is his stories (told both by word and by pen) that I love first and foremost.
RIP Kurt Vonnegut and Lloyd Alexander.

Insanity is all in the mind.
Blacksad

Post by Blacksad »

Hi Alan!

A few months has past and Jim still's got the same material. I'd love to have some of your art hanging on the walls of my house, so sorry for asking again about it, but Is there any option to buy some stuff trough your daughter (since she is cataloguing it) or instead you are still sending those pages to Jim Warden?

Thank you and keep doing that great job!
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

Hi Blacksad

I’m flattered and grateful for your enquiry so there is no need to apologise— especially as it is true that I had hoped to get the list to Jim months ago.

The problem was my daughter has zero interest in comics or my work so although she did an excellent job on the list there were pages that either had no legible numbering or had multiple page numbers written on them which will need to be checked against published issues to verify the correct numbering. My daughter has a job now so I’ll have to do the work myself-- I won’t make a liar of myself by promising when I might get it done but it is at the top of my ‘to do’ list.

In the meantime I have sent a few pages to Jim and hope to send more soon… whether I get the list completed or not.
christophe

Post by christophe »

Alan,
If I can help...
For the correct numbering, send me a quick description or a little scan. Or try with Ilke before...