Colouring in Clandestine

Got questions? He's got answers!
Dan Morelle

Colouring in Clandestine

Post by Dan Morelle »

Dear Alan,

I received my copy of Clan Destine #1 of the new series after the long wait since the last run and was woefully disapointed by the poor print job. The colours seemed dull and the paper was very thin, like a copy of TV Quick.

I expect you'll probably be reluctant to speak badly of your employers but I wondered in general terms how you feel about poor reproduction of original work. I have cancelled my subscription with Incognito and will hope for the TPB and as with Killraven that the print quality will be superior. I've seen Marvel release digital files of their comics - do you know if this is on the cards with Clan Destine?

In addition I want to say what a pleasure it has been to follow your career as a young boy reading my older brother's copies of Warrior to your mainstream success and your ongoing development and perfection of the form along the way. You've pioneered experimental panel designs, held true to anatomy and the emotion you convey in characters both in pose and facial expressions has been a delight.

I now share those tattered comics with my own children.

Much respect,

Dan
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

I don't know if there will be another Clandestine TPB. The reason it took so long for a Killraven TPB to appear is because the sales of the comic were so low that Marvel didn't consider there was a market for a TPB.

I have no influence over the production values BUT Paul Mounts takes over as colourist on ClanDestine from issue 3 and I was VERY happy with the results.

Alan