Questions about Cerise

Got questions? He's got answers!
Paulo Pereira

Questions about Cerise

Post by Paulo Pereira »

Hello Alan

Was it your idea to have Cerise be a Shi'ar alien or was that introduced by another writer? I don't recall it being said in your run that she was Shi'ar, but I could be misremembering.

Also, was the scene where Cerise removes her helmet in EXCALIBUR #47 inspired by the scene in X-MEN #105 where Lilandra removes her helmet?
Crusader K

Post by Crusader K »

Since we're on the subject of Cerise....

I loved the newer characters that you'd introduced into Excalibur - Cerise, Kylun, Micromax and even Feron. I always felt that they had so much potential. I mean, Kylun had what he felt was a stupid power but the potential never had a chance to be explored. Feron was destined to house the Phoenix force - what happened to him once that destiny was averted? Micromax liked to puff himself up to the 'ideal' man - but he was just a regular looking schlub who was nevertheless a hero. BTW, don't like what they've done to him since them. And were Cerise's abilities somewhat like Green Lantern's, what with the solid light projections?

Did you have longer term plans for these characters? Would you ever use them again?
"Now I believe there comes a time, when everything just falls in line.
We live and learn by our mistakes; the deepest cuts are healed by fate"
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

Was it your idea to have Cerise be a Shi'ar alien or was that introduced by another writer?
I had another origin in mind.
Also, was the scene where Cerise removes her helmet in EXCALIBUR #47 inspired by the scene in X-MEN #105 where Lilandra removes her helmet?
Not consciously. If anything I was inspired by Barbarella.
Did you have longer term plans for these characters?
Yes.
Would you ever use them again?
I never say never.
Paulo Pereira

Post by Paulo Pereira »

Thanks for the responses, Alan.