All marlvel invite in ClanDestine fiesta

Got questions? He's got answers!
Kroco

All marlvel invite in ClanDestine fiesta

Post by Kroco »

Hello Alan,

First, the new ClanDestine begin really well, I can't wait for the next issue. I'm not sure about the typo use for the title, but well...since it's print, am happy.

Second, you are using character like Spiderman and other marvel characters. You can do it like you want or you must have approval from marvel?

And now, something totally different.
Like in MiracleMan (remember?), it seams like it easy the track superheros and to know who they really are. Do you thing, today, the I-put-glasses-and-nobody-will- see-that-I'm-Superman thing is less that realistic?

Thank U
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

As I explained in this Forum’s ClanDestine section THANK YOU post, the new logo was all my work and I can only hope it will grow on anyone who preferred the previous logo.

Everything has to be approved but there wasn’t anything in my proposal or plots that I was asked to change.

I believe the whole concept of Superheroes is inherently silly and requires a major suspension of disbelief— And the notion that baggy clunky costumes and traced photos makes basic superhuman premise somehow more plausible is absurd. Having said that, the world superheroes inhabit must be broadly consistent with the ‘real’ world so that readers can identify with the superheroes world.
I affectionately mocked the Superman/Clark transformation in Another Nail but, logically, Biometrics are an evolving reality that makes the idea of secret identities less plausible which is why I had Dai Thomas figure out that Brian Braddock was Captain Britain in one of the early stories I wrote for Marvel UK. I don’t think incorporating this kind of development makes superhero stories any more plausible but ignoring parallel scientific advances in the superheroes world would make it antiquated and unfamiliar.