Cuckoo's current body?

Got questions? He's got answers!
Paulo Pereira

Post by Paulo Pereira »

Interesting. Thanks, Alan.
wonderdallas

Post by wonderdallas »

Alan, I think other questions eclipsed one I had asked earlier. I'll repost it below incase you have any insight or clarification.

"Kay is my favorite character of the series and I think it's because she is so multi-faceted.

In fact, just last night I read through the Clan Destine HC (all pages were in order this time ) and I had a new perspective on a certain scene. When Kay tells Spiderman that her kidnapper, and others responsible, will be "punished", it on the surface seemed to indicate that she was predicting/seeing the Punisher finishing them off. Would it be a leap to also suggest that Kay may have possessed some of the players in that scene as well? Could she have possessed the assassin's body and killed her former business partner herself? And then tipped off their location to the Punisher or even possessed him to kill the assassin? Considering Kay's final line in the first issue of vol.2, nothing would surprise me! "

Thanks,
Dallas
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

Kay didn’t possess anyone’s body (and she isn’t a clairvoyant—that’s was Florence’s gift) but Kay certainly manipulated those involved in the final scene. I was deliberately vague about the degree of her manipulation so that readers could choose for themselves whether Kay had merely tracked the villains and informed the Punisher or if she had orchestrated a sequence of torture and murders. I think the ambiguity makes her a more interesting and complex character.

Alan
wonderdallas

Post by wonderdallas »

So f@%*ing cool. Really. I just love Kay. And you for creating such an awesome character.