THANK YOU

Got questions? He's got answers!
ChastMastr

THANK YOU

Post by ChastMastr »

Dear Alan,

Just a quick note to say THANK YOU re not only bringing back Clan Destine, but also in making sure it's set in the past. I'm taking a break from angsting about the current overall direction of Marvel Comics, but I don't think their mainstream world is much fun to read right now, and I'm relieved that we aren't going to have to deal with Tony Stark coming to their door trying to conscript them into post-Civil War military service, or whatever.

Looking forward to reading!!

David
Current mood: Glad Marvel has vastly improved
Paulo Pereira

Post by Paulo Pereira »

...I'm relieved that we aren't going to have to deal with Tony Stark coming to their door trying to conscript them into post-Civil War military service, or whatever.
LOL!
SpaceCabbie

Post by SpaceCabbie »

I also want to give thanks - although a fan of Excalibur, I somehow missed CD when it came out. The previews of the new mini looked great, so I went out last weekend, tracked down the back issues, and haven't stopped rereading them since! The character-driven story lines are pure enjoyment, and I know there are dozens of novel ideas to be explored with this family - I truly hope Marvel lets him continue the stories he does best!
Crusader K

Post by Crusader K »

Hi Alan!

Just got home and first book read was of course, ClanDestine! What an awesome read! Thank you so much for providing a few bits more of the Clan's place in historical events. Gives me chills to realize how old Adam and Kay/Jasmine are! I couldn't believe I was at the last page already.

I bought 3 copies - one for myself and two more for friends I intend to hook on the series!

My ONLY gripe is that little blurb that was on the cover - "1 of 5". ARGH!! Maddening! I hope sales are good enough to justify more!

Thanks again!
"Now I believe there comes a time, when everything just falls in line.
We live and learn by our mistakes; the deepest cuts are healed by fate"
Diablo

Post by Diablo »

First issue is finally here.

What can I say ? I'm back in heaven !
Alan's art is awesome, as always. But to see the man giving life to his own creations... well, it's even better.

What I liked the most :

The drawing of the first page, with Adam's and his wife's children.

The pictures of Adam, throughout history.

Cuckoo and Wallop, always at each other's throat.

The Destine family of 1849.

Wallop's underwear.

The monks. Cool designs, for new enemies.

Wallop's anger, with Adam looking at him, grimly.

The visions of the future. With Vex, versus that cool sorceress girl. I'm happy Alan did'nt forget about this.

And Nightcrawler. the blue elf AND the Destine family, now that's a team-up !!

If only thie series could last forever...
Rock is alive :
www.atlantys.biz

All about Nightcrawler in one place :
www.bamfcentral.com

THE CLAN DESTINE IS BACK !!
YIIIIIII-HAAAAAAA !
ChastMastr

Post by ChastMastr »

Diablo wrote:Wallop's underwear.

:shock: Okay, I don't have my issue yet as I get them through mail order, but you have me really curious now... :shock:

(And possibly interested in buying the original art for the page, as I'm always up for beefcake...) :wink: :lol:

David
Current mood: Glad Marvel has vastly improved
Paulo Pereira

Post by Paulo Pereira »

Got the issue, liked it, can't wait for the next one. Going to reread all the old issues. Wish I'd thought of doing that before I read the new one.

Also like the new logo over the old. The coloring is very good overall, though a bit overpowering in places.
wonderdallas

Post by wonderdallas »

Funny, the only thing I did not like was the new logo. It just RUINED the whole issue! lol j/k

Wow, Alan has hit a new zenith with his art work! He just get's better and better. I'm so impressed at how he always seems to step up his game.

And the scripting, especially among the "villians" was just so lush. It was up there with the Phoenix/Galactus verbal smackdown as far as being just SO right.

I'm wondering about timelines as well. Does this take place just after the last series? OR as I first thought, Adam's visions are of the future and past, thus the older image of Excalibur. ? Figuring it out is part of the fun.

One odd thing, Cuckoo's astral form now looks like her current "Pepe" body! In the first series it looked, not only different than Pepe but even different than her murdered "Kay Sera" body. Interesting.

Here's hoping for more info on Vincent! And a perpetual Davis created Clan Destine series!

-Dallas
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

Sorry the Logo spoiled the issue. It’s all my work.

I mentioned to Tom Brevoort that I had never liked the original Clandestine logo because I had envisaged something along the lines of the Lech Walese ‘Solidarity’ banner. Something that looked like grafitti, scrawled on Rory’s secret den, as opposed to a designer logo of the Avengers and X-men—to be painted on the side of a quinjet or the groups matching uniforms.
I scrawled a very rough version on the first cover pencil rough to show Tom what I imagined. Tom said he thought it worked perfectly as I had scrawled it and thought it would be spoiled by being overly refined so asked me to enlarge and clean up the rough scrawl.

I know it may take some getting used to but time will tell.

Alan
wonderdallas

Post by wonderdallas »

Well, cats and dogs living together, pigs flying, Hell freezing over.... you mean there is actually something you created that I didn't care for? Wow, I never thought that day would come! lol

Actually, I don't dislike the new logo, I just prefered the "refined" look of the old one. Probably because it seems so proper just as the facade of the family is to be proper, unassuming and normal. In that, I guess the new logo really fits the current state of affairs for the clan..... change, upheavel and unrest. Cool.
Paulo Pereira

Post by Paulo Pereira »

Not that I'd consider it a knock against the book, of course, but I consider the old logo rather boring, in retrospect.
Keoni

THANK YOU Alan Davis!!!!!!!!

Post by Keoni »

Thank you Alan Davis and thank you Marvel for the Classic ClanDestine Hardcover and the new mini-series. I never thought I'd ever see the day when we'd have more ClanDestine stories by its creator. No one does it like Alan Davis. Amazing talent as an artist and a writer.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Who at Marvel do we have to thank for ClanDestine's return, I'm guessing a fan of the original run? Any word on sales status of the first issue and the HC?
neling4

Post by neling4 »

I liked Walter's undies as well. I think I will have to find some like that for my husband.

I am really enjoying this series so far. I love the art, the story and the humor, and I am eagerly awaiting the appearance of the "Cross Time Caper" Excalibur.