Exaclibur Days of a Future...?

Got questions? He's got answers!
j1jes

Exaclibur Days of a Future...?

Post by j1jes »

Alan,

I loved your Exaclibur tale when the team goes to the future(Your final Exaclibur arc) and also how we see Rachel's future/past (Excalibur 51-52??)

How did the basis of Rachel's past come about. You really clarified some key timeline events concerning Rachel, like when Jean grey her mom died in that timeline, what happend to Kitty/rachel post the original UXM Days of a Future Past story..etc

Did you and Claremont already have a set idea, or did you fit it in with established continuity when the time was right?

Also, you left immediatly after that arc, was that planned? Marvel has you listed as the writer/artist in it's future issues of the title.

It seems like you had a nice wrap up of most your plot lines, but also that there where a few tales to tell, such as Megan and CB getting married, Feron integrating into the team, perhaps more backstory on the new Exaclibur base/mansion....etc

Did you also encounter the early 90s pressure on the X-books and feel it was better to leave? (sad as your Exaclibur was the only X-related book I enjoyed after 1993)
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

I was asked to resolve the Rachel/Phoenix storyline because of events planned to occur in the other X-books. As far as I am aware there was never any existing plot for a resolution or else I wouldn’t have been asked to create one.

I had planned to quit Excalibur earlier because what started as a reasonable schedule became constant deadline hell after Marvel put Excalibur on a Bi-monthly schedule. I did enjoy my tenure on Excalibur but it was only Terry Kavanagh’s support, encouragement and persistence that made me stay as long as I did.

When I introduced Feron, Kylun, Cerise and Micromax I had a lot of plans for the future but as things got progressively tougher I was forced to accept that my passion for the characters wasn’t enough. So around issue 62 or 63 I decided to wrap up the storylines I had begun as best I could in as few issues as possible.

Alan