So, what's up?

Got questions? He's got answers!
Kroco

So, what's up?

Post by Kroco »

Hello mister Davis,

So, Could you tell us where you are with your comics?

Thanks.
David
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

Hi David.

I have finished pencilling and scripting all five issues of the ‘NEW’ ClanDestine story arc. The sales on this series will determine whether there are any subsequent series.

Alan
Kroco

Post by Kroco »

Ho, wonderful.
Do you already know who's gone ink and color it?
Ilke

Post by Ilke »

Do you already know who's gone ink and color it?
It's noted in Marvel's listing for ClanDestine #1 (see link below) that the inks are being provided by Mark Farmer, while the colors are being handled by Chris Sotomayor. (And letters by Dave Lanphear.)

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/?id=8169
Paulo Pereira

Post by Paulo Pereira »

I really hope this series takes off.
Cesare the Sleepwalker

Post by Cesare the Sleepwalker »

Paulo Pereira wrote:I really hope this series takes off.
I hope so as well.

Mr. Davis, a question, if I may.....Has it been said, if the series does do well in sales......Will subsequent issues go from #6 and beyond, or will it start over at a new #1? (Thus making the upcoming 5 issues a limited series)
Darren Taylor

Post by Darren Taylor »

Personally, I wish they had continued the numbering from Alan's last series. So this would be number 9.

I'm really excited about this forthcoming series. Given I've stopped -all- my comics these days. This would be the first comic I'd have picked up since FF: The End.

Alan, do you think that they (TPTB) might do another "Shot-from-pencils" variant?

I can't get enough of that stuff!

Best wishes for the season.

Regards,

Darren
moklerman

Post by moklerman »

I always thought that Clandestine was underrated. I'm really looking forward to the new project and hope that the characters catch on this time around. There was a great deal of potential with this cast and I don't understand how it wasn't more popular.

My theory is that a lot of comic book readers have a mental block when it comes to a Marvel/DC comic not having recognizable characters in it. New books must somehow fit into the rest of the established universe rather than just stand on their own. That's a shame because it seems like there are plenty of stories that the Clan can share without help from Spider-Man, the X-Men or the Punisher.

As with anything with art by AD, I will pick it up.
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

I’m grateful to have had an opportunity to tell another ClanDestine story and tie up a few loose ends but I’m not confident of the book doing well. I’m not interested in producing the kind of comics that seem to be selling well—relatively speaking—which may make me an endangered species.
I just hope anyone who buys the new ClanDestine series will have as much fun as I did working on it.

Alan
Paulo Pereira

Post by Paulo Pereira »

I always thought that Clandestine was underrated.
Not so much underrated as under-promoted, I think.
Paulo Pereira

Post by Paulo Pereira »

I’m not interested in producing the kind of comics that seem to be selling well—relatively speaking—which may make me an endangered species.
It's great to read this statement, though of course I sincerely hope this new series defies existing sales trends.