on being an immortal in the Clan . . . .

Got questions? He's got answers!
Crusader K

on being an immortal in the Clan . . . .

Post by Crusader K »

Hello Mr Davis!

I've been ... uhm . . patiently waiting the new ClanDestine series and just read the entry in the recent updated Handbook and it reminded me of a question I've wanted to ask you.

Given that the Clan's history literally spans a millenium, do you have somewhat of a rough timeline worked out? Like birthdays, major events, brushing existing history (as Walter did in WWII) and will we see some adventures that have taken place in the past?

Also, will you touch on the psychology of the Clan members being such long lived individuals? This has kind of been touched on with Adam but I'd love to see a little into Kay's mind and past as the oldest child!

And . . any ETA on the series? :)

Thanks!
"Now I believe there comes a time, when everything just falls in line.
We live and learn by our mistakes; the deepest cuts are healed by fate"
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

I’m sorry that I’ve kept you waiting so long, CK. I hope you think it worth the delay when the series finally appears.

No precise birthdates because they are not exactly relevant but I do have a timeline plotted for many of the key events in the older characters lives—but obviously others, like Rory, Pandora and Sam aren’t old enough to have too much history.

I don’t plan to do any in depth analysis of what it is to be ancient because age is only an incidental factor of the characters situations. It is the difference in their natures (which has allowed them to survive) that separates Adam and Kay—while their history together unites them. Adam is unchanging, acceptant and detached. Kay is constantly changing, volatile and hedonistic.

Alan
Crusader K

Post by Crusader K »

Absolutely NO apologies necessary. With the AWESOME work you produce I'm prepared to wait because I know it'll be terrific.

Thanks for the reply and insights into Adam and Kay. I look forward to reading the new ClanDestine AND buying the soon to come hardback of the previous Clan appearances!
"Now I believe there comes a time, when everything just falls in line.
We live and learn by our mistakes; the deepest cuts are healed by fate"