Would/do you have a Wonder Woman idea/mini in mind

Got questions? He's got answers!
j1jes

Would/do you have a Wonder Woman idea/mini in mind

Post by j1jes »

After reading your JLA the Nail and Another Nail. I think you would do an awesome Wonder Woman artitically and as a writer.

Ever thought about it? ANy ideas you had?
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

Wonder Woman is an iconic and attractive design but I have never given the character any real consideration.
As a kid I was always attracted to DC’s more quirky characters—And remember the great Mike Sekowsky’s attempt to give WW an Emma Peel makeover.
I’d be more interested in doing a sort of Brave and Bold teaming with WW and an unusual character (?) who would contrast and challenge her.

Alan
wonderdallas

Post by wonderdallas »

Alan Davis wrote:Wonder Woman is an iconic and attractive design but I have never given the character any real consideration.
As a kid I was always attracted to DC’s more quirky characters—And remember the great Mike Sekowsky’s attempt to give WW an Emma Peel makeover.
I’d be more interested in doing a sort of Brave and Bold teaming with WW and an unusual character (?) who would contrast and challenge her.

Alan
Alan was kind enough to sketch WW for me a few years ago in Charlotte.

I'd LOVE to see Alan work with WW! I felt he really understood her style and thought process in regards to her preference to fight defensively (during the fight with the Metal Men).

One thing I've always loved about Alan's work is his eager and joyous use of the quirky! Golden and Silver Age WW stories are probably the most bizarre of the earliest comics. I think Alan could really mine those WW archives better than anyone else I know. He has a way of meshing the serious and the spectacularly odd in a way I don't think most current creators can.

Even WW's creator's story is fantastically odd!

Wonder Woman needs Alan. She needs to have fun again. I can honestly say that an Alan Davis WW mini would be the highlight of my comic reading days.

-Dallas