How to...

Got questions? He's got answers!
Vyrt

How to...

Post by Vyrt »

Hi Alan
Sorry if this has been asked before, both on the forum and at comic conventions, but do you have any plans to publish a book on how to draw comics your way?
I really enjoyed seeing your work in the Modern Masters series, but I would like a really indepth breakdown of your methods.
I realise that you are very busy (one look at your work and you can see why) but it would be great top get something like that.
Thanks
Bob
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

Hi Bob

I have considered publishing a book of unseen or rarely seen work that I own but its one of those things I keep delaying. Maybe next year.
The whole ‘How to…” thing is something I have tried to avoid for years but recently one or two people repeated comments I made on this Forum as though they were rules I had framed. So, IF I ever do get my book organised I’ll most likely include some material on my approach to art and storytelling just to clarify things.

Alan
Vyrt

Post by Vyrt »

Thanks for the info Alan. I have to say the fluid style of figure drawing you have is terrific and I don't really think it could be easily emulated (even by Mr Hitch. lol)
I have to admit that I scan your crowd scenes like crazy ever since discovering Grandma Giles lurking in one of them.