I don't suppose...

Got questions? He's got answers!
DungeonmasterJim

I don't suppose...

Post by DungeonmasterJim »

...you could save my favorite character, Rachel Grey, from the limbo she was just put in in Uncanny X-Men by using her in ClanDestine if only for a guest star in a few issues?

Please?

DM Jim :(
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

I have no idea of Rachel’s current fate in Uncanny. I found the ‘cheerleader’ version in my last stint on Uncanny very lightweight compared to the character I knew in Excalibur. Times change!

Alan
MiG

Post by MiG »

That's a shame I think, I quite liked her in Excalibur. She was actually one of the very few female characters who really was as strong as advertized and not only by being heionously powerful but as a character too. I think most female "strong" characters mostly don't feel as strong as they're supposed to be but not her, she's dead on, matching her power completely in my opinion.

I really don't like it when they alter a character too much as they've done with her in Uncanny. Sure, evolving characters is one thing, that's just how things go but devolving or just changing them altogether so they seem to be a totally different character is not good. Take Peter Parker for instance, he's gone from a teenager to adult only to be thrown back looking and seeming like a kid on and off. Some artists draw him in their own manner of course but that added to a somewhat poor sense of the character just screws him up instead.