Small Survey for Mr. Alan Davis

Got questions? He's got answers!
Michael P

Small Survey for Mr. Alan Davis

Post by Michael P »

I just figured I'd ask some questions that I've wanted to know and others might have as well, you don't have to answer if don't want to. I'm just putting it out there.

Are you a fan of and do you read any current comics?

Do you keep tabs on characters you created, helped create or made famous? i.e. Captain Britain, Meggan and Psylocke.

As a fan do you have a favorite DC character and/or a Marvel character?

Do you have a favorite DC character and/or a Marvel character that you like to write?

Do you have a favorite DC character and/or a Marvel character that you like to draw?

What is your favorite series or single issue you have drawn or written?

Whos is your favorite writer to collaborate with?

Which writer would you love to work with?

Which character or team would you love to draw in a series?

Is there any book that you would have liked to have worked on, but someone else got the job or you weren't available at the time?

I hope these aren't too intrusive and thank you in advance.

Michael.
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

just figured I'd ask some questions that I've wanted to know and others might have as well, you don't have to answer if don't want to. I'm just putting it out there.
Well as long as I’m being pressurised because I have a problem with authority figures and being given orders:)
Are you a fan of and do you read any current comics?
I’m a fan of the comic form but not current comics.
Do you keep tabs on characters you created, helped create or made famous? i.e. Captain Britain, Meggan and Psylocke.
No.
As a fan do you have a favorite DC character and/or a Marvel character?
NO. As I have said on many occasions I believe a creator must find something worthwhile in every character to make then work—AND, just because a character isn’t my favourite doesn’t mean the character isn’t popular with readers so I mustn’t short change them.
Do you have a favorite DC character and/or a Marvel character that you like to write?
See above.
Do you have a favorite DC character and/or a Marvel character that you like to draw?
Some characters are easier to draw (or write) but that doesn’t make them a favourite. I sometimes have the most fun trying to figure out how to make a particular character work. That is most certainly the most fulfilling part of the creative process.
What is your favorite series or single issue you have drawn or written?
Nothing in its entirety! There are odd pages, scenes, ideas but I’m too conscious of all the stuff I mess up. Perversely, since it failed in the US, Killraven was the closest to my original conception so the most successful from a purely creative aspect.

Whos is your favorite writer to collaborate with? Which writer would you love to work with?
There is no easy answer to this, other than the cliché… ‘They all have their strengths and I learned something different from each- And timing is all!
Which character or team would you love to draw in a series?
Deadly Dangerous Doctor Dickie Dynamite TNT.
Is there any book that you would have liked to have worked on, but someone else got the job or you weren't available at the time?
The only thing that springs to mind, not a comic and no longer produced, is the Garth newspaper strip.

Alan
Michael P

Post by Michael P »

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply Alan. I really appreciate it. I enjoy knowing what goes on inside artists' heads, espcially a great one such as yourself.

Michael.