Hey Mr. Davis!

Got questions? He's got answers!
DungeonmasterJim

Hey Mr. Davis!

Post by DungeonmasterJim »

Are there any questions that you have for us, your board members?

DM Jim
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

Is it just me or is the world moving towards the scenario predicted in Soylent Green?

Alan
Row

Post by Row »

Hmmm, there does seem to be a leaning toward the scenario of Soylent Green in certain aspects, but I think that the old Doomwatch series seemed to have been pretty much bang on the money for it's predictions of the world and it's events.

All the best

Row
When lady luck enters, get her a seat
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

Doomwatch may have accurately portrayed the consequences of uncontrolled scientific research but the heroes-- dressed in their Open University lecturers pullovers or the latest ‘Foster Brothers’ fashion-- were in the tradition of Quatermass, battling diverse threats in the (then) present and limited to theorising about the long term consequences. Soylent Green depicted humanity on the brink of extinction. Not because of some war, plague, comet strike or alien invasion but simply because of humanity’s own stupid, selfish disregard of the environment.

Alan
StarChild

Post by StarChild »

Well, I can truly see people eventually being processed into food at the rate we're consuming things! Though I shudder at the thought! As for the environment, I don't know if the planet likes global warming concepts or Global freezing! Massive snow here, Alan! And cold!