Who painted/colored the ClanDestine Christmas card?

Got questions? He's got answers!
DungeonmasterJim

Who painted/colored the ClanDestine Christmas card?

Post by DungeonmasterJim »

Hello Mr. D!

Just wondering who did the colors/painting for the ClanDestine Christmas card on your website. It looks fairly realistic in style so it's throwing me off if you did it. Are you working in a in a style?

Looking forward to more ClanDestine!

Jim
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

It's all my own work Jim but there is no drawing and very little painting. The image is a photographic collage (the same as the Phoenix, Thing and ‘Spooks’ images I have previously posted on my site.
Each figure is a composite of between 5 and 11 partial figures (so that the final image is far removed from the source material) and numerous patches/additions. Each part was distorted and blended with the others—then colour shifted and rendered. Kay’s face is the product of three separate faces without counting the ‘specs’. Walters face was one face, hugely distorted and very heavily rendered.
This isn’t a form of art I plan to pursue but it doesn’t strain my wrist and I like to know how other artists accomplish these types of art—even if it is just that I know how to better ridicule their work:)

Alan