Why the costume change?

Got questions? He's got answers!
muckyshoe

Why the costume change?

Post by muckyshoe »

Dear Alan,
Why did Captain Britain get his costume changed to that awful Captain Marshall get up? I really liked the one from the CB TPB, although I was very disappointed you didn't get to draw Brian in his Red togs(another favourite) when he fought the Lightning Squad (Hauptmann Englander et al.) (I know his original was destoyed... just what was the editorial policy behind it?)
<Come to think of it, wouldn't H.E. fit in well with Sat-yr9 if he had the chance?>
When we had Brian dragged in front of the Corps that time, I felt put out that everyone else had better costumes than CB616.
Still it wasn't as bad as the Shell Suit from the mini series... or the generic "chinless" supesuit he wears now....
Also if CB616 is the Prime reality, does that mean he was always the strongest out of the Corps?
And was his strength really class 100 strength? He certainly never showed his (Hulk level) power at any time. I always classed him as about class 20 for some reason...
And why were they always taking Brian's powers away?
And what was tht whole Britannic thing? Did I miss something?
And when will you be taking over the reins of the New Excalibur? (or are you just gonna give that one a miss?)
Sorry to be such a nag but the good Captain IS my favourite...
Alan Davis
Creator

Post by Alan Davis »

The CB costume was changed because the colourists had problems differentiating between costume lines and muscle lines so CB sometimes looked like a harlequin.

Alan